New Specification across the A3 range

h5djr

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I have just noticed an item on the http://car.kak.net/ website about some changes to the specification for the A3 range for 2007.

NEW SPECIFICATION ACROSS A3 RANGE

- Enhancements to standard, SE, Sport and S line models
- Eyecatching new colour schemes for new 265PS S3

The perennially popular Audi A3 range - which numbers 27 models priced from £14,995 to £26,975 - moves into 2007 with the benefit of specification enhancements at every level.

Standard versions have been upgraded to include a Chorus radio with single CD player, SE models move up from a 16-inch alloy wheel to a new 17-inch 16-spoke design and Sport specification now includes a change to a 17-inch 5-spoke wheel.

In the cabin, S line models, originally fitted with leather and fabric combination upholstered sports seats, will now benefit from full Vienna leather trim.

At the head of the range, the new 265PS S3 quattro gains a variety of vivid new colour schemes, including Sprint Blue, Imola Yellow and the pictured Solar Orange, which are available at an extra cost of £485.

2 dealers told me today that as of the 10th November 2006 the price of the sline will go UP £485, BUT you now get FULL leather instead of part.

Not too surprised at the addition of full leather to the S-Line, it should really have had it to start with as it's the top trim level. Paying £3500 for Sport+S-Line and still not getting leather as standard was always a bit tight.

Not really miffed that I'll be missing out on it on the new car. I've always found leather looks good but I don't like sitting on it. Too hot in summer and too cold in winter so you have to spec heated seats too to deal with the latter and just lump the former.

Then again I've never found leather particularly comfortable to sit on. I don't like leather sofas either.

its swings and roundabouts with leather. i personally love leather (SEATS!!) and allways a good feature to have when coming to sell a car. but your right, audi have been very tight in not offering full leather to start with ages ago. i told me mate this arvo what audi have now done specing it up with full leather and hes majorly peed off with audi.

Depending on what else has changed I'd imagine there will be quite a few people who've bought cars recently who'll be rather annoyed.

I wonder what else has changed

i will hopefuly find out more tomorrow as im about to place an order, IF i can get the right price.

So when will be able to get the specifics of these changes??? I am just about to order an A3 for March 07 delivery and am not very intrigued as to what the new Sport wheels are (and why they change SE to 17's why couldn't they change the sport to 18's??? - Sline could have 19's then!)

Steve

19s won't fit on the A3, that's why they couldn't offer the standard RS4s on the S3.

They're obviously upping the SE to 17s as 16s are now the norm on most cars.

still doesn't seem fair - SE gets an actual upgrade - sport gets a 'sidegrade'

Seems reasonable to me, they're just bringing the SE wheel size in line with the Sport and each option costs the same £2000

except if prices go up it will be across the board! not just for SE's

some blindspot mirrors would be more useful.

i remember the s-line 140 dsg in early 2004 was priced under 22k , so what exactly are we getting extra for nearly a 2k increase ?

funny how the golf, leon , octavia has not increased

a3guy said:
funny how the golf, leon , octavia has not increased

doesnt matter, Audi is still prizing a lot of VW owners into the audi fold, take a look on ukmkivs.net and see how many ppl are chopping in their dubs for audis now. LOTS!!! me included.

h5djr said:
..... In the cabin, S line models, originally fitted with leather and fabric combination upholstered sports seats, will now benefit from full Vienna leather trim....
Although the S-Line special edition has always had full Vienna leather.

mfspen said:
Although the S-Line special edition has always had full Vienna leather.

Wonder if the Special Edition pricing/spec will be altered to reflect these changes...

Doesn't chucking 'free' stuff at a car usually suggest there's a new one coming....?
Some of these changes seem to be more than just 'evolution' of the range.

Bowfer may be right.

They seem to be chucking a lot of stuff at A4's now too. Different upgrade Packs, Bose etc. That is definitely being replaced next year.

God I would be ****** off If I was getting a new S3 and a completely new model came out next year.

The A4 is at least 18 months older than the A3. If the A4 is being replaced next year then the A3 won't be replaced until 2008/9 at the earliest.

Vertigo1 said:
The A4 is at least 18 months older than the A3. If the A4 is being replaced next year then the A3 won't be replaced until 2008/9 at the earliest.

That can't be right,can it ?
I remember looking at new shape A4's around the end of 04,when the sportback was announced.
The 3 door A3 had been around before that though.
So the 3 door A3 must be older than the new shape A4 ????

Vertigo1 said:

Are you sure of that?

Just checked on Parker's site :-

A3 8P 2003 onwards
A3 8P SB 2004 onwards

A4 B6 2000 - 2004
A4 B7 2004 onwards

So that would be consistent with new A4 in 2007, but no new A3 until 2009

That's what I thought.
The sportback and current A4 came out at the same time (end of 04)
The 3 door A3 was around a year before.

The first 8P 3 doors must be due MOT's soon.
We've got an Fsi one here that is 3 years old in February.

The first 8P A3s were on 03 plates so they're now around 3.5 years old max.

Yes the Sportback and B7 A4 came out around the same time but this was part of the facelift strategy to give the cars the new grille. The 3-door A3 got it shortly afterward. Facelifting a car is nothing like producing a new model and so the dates of the facelift aren't really relevant to model replacement.

I read a while back that there were a raft of new models due in 2009, including the A5 but I can't remember whether the A3 replacement was mentioned amongst them. Can't see it being replaced before 2008 at the absolute earliest.

My dealer told me that the A4 replacement was scheduled for 2008 but then again they're sometimes last to know.

Vertigo1 said:
Seems reasonable to me, they're just bringing the SE wheel size in line with the Sport and each option costs the same £2000
Glad I got mine upgraded to 17" then! Wonder if the SE gets front fogs as standard as well?

bowfer said:
That can't be right,can it ?
I remember looking at new shape A4's around the end of 04,when the sportback was announced.
The 3 door A3 had been around before that though.
So the 3 door A3 must be older than the new shape A4 ????

Is it not that the B7 A4 is considered as a facelift/revised version of the B6 but not a new model. Thus a new model A4 next year would be consistent with Audi's 7-8 year model life cycle. Therefore although the 8P A3 predates the B7 A4, the A4 model is due for replacement 1st :shrug:

Does anyone know what build week this applies too?

My S line is due to be built in week 1/2 and was wondering if I will get the full leather.

Redwing289 said:
Is it not that the B7 A4 is considered as a facelift/revised version of the B6 but not a new model. Thus a new model A4 next year would be consistent with Audi's 7-8 year model life cycle. Therefore although the 8P A3 predates the B7 A4, the A4 model is due for replacement 1st :shrug:

I thought the B7 A4 was more than a facelifted B6 ?
I seem to remember Audi making a fuss about how many changes had been made,despite the outwardly similar appearance.
Could just have been marketing bullcrap though.

Dunno for sure. They may have tweaked a load of minor bits and pieces but fundamentally it's the same car (with the same crap interior)

Ok well there's an updated price list PDF available on the Audi website. From what I can tell these are the differences:

• SE now includes 17" 16-spoke wheels (which are now a no-cost option on the Sport)
  • S-Line now costs £1800 rather than £1550 but includes full Vienna leather
  • The S-Line Special Edition has gone
  • The 2.0TFSI, 3.2 and 2.0TDI (both 140 & 170) have gone up in price by £235
  • Wheel prices have changed quite a bit, most notably the the S-Line 18" RS6s are now only £700 on the SE (previously £1400) and £400 on the Sport (previously £1000)!
  • BOSE has gone up £85
  • CD-based navigation on the S3 has dropped from £1400 to £750
  • New "Sun band for windscreen" option added at £55 across the range
  • New "Black styling package" option added at £300 across the range

Well, I'm glad I ordered when I did then, as I'd prefer the half-leather to the full leather (I've never liked leather seats in cars :( ) so wouldn't have wanted to pay the extra that you now have to pay. The only thing that would have been nice would have been the 'sun band' option, though I'm not sure I would have bothered with that anyway. Ah well, I'm still happy :D If mine does turn up and happens to have full leather I doubt I'll complain though ;) Which reminds me, I need to e-mail the dealer and see if my order has been allocated a build date yet.

I'm the same with leather. It looks the best and is easy to clean but that's it. Cloth is more comfortable to sit on and doesn't get stupidly hot/cold in summer/winter.

If I were to now order the same car I ordered in September I'd end up paying another £235 for the 2.0TDI, £85 for BOSE and £250 for S-Line so I'd be paying an extra £570 and getting nothing but the full leather seats for it. I'm happy I ordered when I did.

It also seems there are now 7 17" and 2 18" wheel options and all are available on both the SE and Sport. The costs vary from 'no charge' to £900.
The 16 spoke design looks nice but will be a devil to clean. There is also a 5-arm Parabolic design similar to those fitted to the original TTs.