New s4 owner. Ideas for front number plate relocation

BigZee87

Reaction score
Hello all. I am a new s4 owner and needless to say I'm over the moon with the car.

It currently has one of the honeycomb Rs4 style grill with the big quattro logo at the bottom however I think with the number plate in the factory position it kills the look of the grill a bit.

How are others with this style grill wearing their front plates?

Reactions: Chop.
I removed the plate holder, fixed my plate lower

Reactions: g00se, RS5 JON, BigZee87 and 1 other person
Thanks for the input. I'm thinking a side mounted one may be the way forward. may have to look at a private plate so I can go a bit smaller though as don't fancy a full sized one on the side

my favourite location, in the boot.

i agree with the above in the boot.

but its either run without or in the factory place like Mac.

Hey bud I here you there

I couldn't be bothered with taking the plate on and off all the time and I'm not keen on the plate on the dash or the stick on jobs

So went for this half size square job with legal font, shows of the grill and have never been stopped

It's not for the traditionalists but I don't aim to please others :)
IMG 3541

Reactions: kwstantinosk89, BigZee87, xpoweruk and 1 other person
That's perfect it think, where abouts did you get that made?.

Ideally I would remove it completely but would rather not give the police a reason to pull me over and waist both our time haha

Made the brackets myself and just got the plate from a show plate website, if you check my thread it's all there with pics :)

Hey Mac - out of interest, how did you fix your plate to the honeycomb grille??

Cheers

goose

These are what I currently have

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220212-164116_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20220212-164116_eBay.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: g00se
These are what I currently have
Cheers Mac- I had looked at these and the twistnfix and ones.. but hadn’t made my mind up as these are £15 and the twist ones are double that!
Does your plate move at all? I don’t want one that wobbles the plate when you hit a pot hole (as I’m a fussy fecker)

cheers
Goose

Reactions: Sandra
It doesn't look as if it has moved mate.

Reactions: g00se and Sandra
I have those fixings on my plate, looks like previous owner had 3d printed them, they're ok but the plate does tilt a little bit sometimes but never come close to falling off.
You will have to cable tie the plate securely for MOT's though as apparently these fixings are not legal as the plate can be removed by pulling off the grille.