New S4 Order

Robbe

Reaction score
I thought i would start a new thread as I have just placed an order for a new S4 Avant arriving in November and think i got a very very good deal. Its replacing my rejected RS4 that I had for only 3 weeks. but more then happy with the S4 especially as got all the options i wanted for less then what i was paying for my RS4....

Spec is
Daytona grey
19" 5 spoke alloys( the S4 only ones)
Adaptive sport suspension
Light and vision pack
4 year warranty
Black pack
B&O speakers
Door mirrors folding, dimming, heated
Electric seats with driver memory
Hill hold assit
Carbon inlays
Privacy glass
Sports diff
Dynamic sterring
Rear view camera
Red brake calipers
Side window blinds
Storage pack
Tow bar

Reactions: Thundercliffe81, Keef and Riko0073
I thought i would start a new thread as I have just placed an order for a new S4 Avant arriving in November and think i got a very very good deal. Its replacing my rejected RS4 that I had for only 3 weeks. but more then happy with the S4 especially as got all the options i wanted for less then what i was paying for my RS4....

Spec is
Daytona grey
19" 5 spoke alloys( the S4 only ones)
Adaptive sport suspension
Light and vision pack
4 year warranty
Black pack
B&O speakers
Door mirrors folding, dimming, heated
Electric seats with driver memory
Hill hold assit
Carbon inlays
Privacy glass
Sports diff
Dynamic sterring
Rear view camera
Red brake calipers
Side window blinds
Storage pack
Tow bar

Looks like a good spec! I'm a fan of the Daytona but had it on the last A4 so thought I'd best try something a little different to spice my life up. :)

I'm sure you put it in your other thread but I didn't see it on a quick skim, what happened with the RS4?!

Reactions: NevMan and Thundercliffe81
Looks like a good spec! I'm a fan of the Daytona but had it on the last A4 so thought I'd best try something a little different to spice my life up. :)

I'm sure you put it in your other thread but I didn't see it on a quick skim, what happened with the RS4?!

The short version is that i was sold a car with a fault in the gearbox, that the dealer knew about but never told me, that voided the warranty so Audi would not replace the gearbox so am getting all my money back from the dealer..

Reactions: NevMan, mister.c. and Thundercliffe81
Good synopsis. :)

Shame about it, and a really bad thing for the dealership to have done but I'm glad that you'll hopefully end up in something you enjoy just as much. Minus the V8 noise of course... :smirk: Hopefully the very updated interior will make up for it a bit though!

Reactions: NevMan and Thundercliffe81
Nice!!

Similar spec to mine on order with Daytona but I decided against black pack and dynamic steering, also gone for Magma red interior which I'm looking forward to.

Lots of other toys ticked to.

Hopefully only a few weeks from collection now.

Shame about the RS4 but as Daggerit said, the interior should be a lovely place to be and the V6 still a nice sound.

Reactions: Daggerit
Good synopsis. :)

Shame about it, and a really bad thing for the dealership to have done but I'm glad that you'll hopefully end up in something you enjoy just as much. Minus the V8 noise of course... :smirk: Hopefully the very updated interior will make up for it a bit though!

Thanks. i am looking forward to it. think i have been very lucky with the deal I have as well, so happy on all accounts

Reactions: Daggerit
How long does it take for the order number to work on yourAudi? Got the order number yesterday but not working. My order was a build slot the dealer already had.

Took just over a week for mine to work....

It's a menace. I became obsessed with checking it :)

I think I will be the same. At least it's only a 2 month wait.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Just order my bike to get me to work and back until the S4 arrives.

How long does it take for the order number to work on yourAudi? Got the order number yesterday but not working. My order was a build slot the dealer already had.

Have you tried using the dealers post code? Remember that there may be several dealerships within the group and you don't now which one originally booked the slot, so try them all. That's what I had to do to get my tracking to work.

Well had a fun call from the dealer. The have screwed up the order!!! I did the quote through carwow. They then asked for a Audi code which i did, but added a few extra options. When I went for the test drive they printed it all out and it had all the options I wanted. When they came to do the paperwork and lock in the order they went off my original carwow spec. The car that is coming in November would be missing

4th year warranty
Dynamic steering
Sports diff
B&O stereo

So if I want the full spec it would be a new order for delivery in Jan and also monthly payments would go up or go with the car as is. Am a bit disappointed but the missing options are not like to have and not must have. Waiting for a call back from the dealer about the options. Don't seemed to get a break with cars ATM.

Well had a fun call from the dealer. The have screwed up the order!!! I did the quote through carwow. They then asked for a Audi code which i did, but added a few extra options. When I went for the test drive they printed it all out and it had all the options I wanted. When they came to do the paperwork and lock in the order they went off my original carwow spec. The car that is coming in November would be missing

4th year warranty
Dynamic steering
Sports diff
B&O stereo

So if I want the full spec it would be a new order for delivery in Jan and also monthly payments would go up or go with the car as is. Am a bit disappointed but the missing options are not like to have and not must have. Waiting for a call back from the dealer about the options. Don't seemed to get a break with cars ATM.

Sent you a message. Don't get the car mate. Sports diff IS a must have. Coming from an RS4. Anyway, sent you a pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unbelievable luck so far @Robbe

Hopefully you get sorted out with the dealer and back on track.

Wow that's unbelievable man!

I wouldn't take the car, could do without dynamic steering and sure you could sort the warranty but the sport diff and B&O I would not want to lose!

Maybe they can find a build slot already in place and bump you up, that wait would put me right off.

Good luck and hopefully you get sorted.

To quote you November delivery I suspect they were spec amending an order already in the system, not sure why they can't just amend again unless this is now locked?
I would wait for the new order on the proviso they put you in the current order from November until the new one turns up, obviously at no cost to you and without starting the finance.
If it's their mistake that's the least they can do! Plus first service free

To quote you November delivery I suspect they were spec amending an order already in the system, not sure why they can't just amend again unless this is now locked?
I would wait for the new order on the proviso they put you in the current order from November until the new one turns up, obviously at no cost to you and without starting the finance.
If it's their mistake that's the least they can do! Plus first service free

Haha. Milking...hard

Reactions: Keef
Finally got a call back and still confused and the dealer is confused about the spec they have ordered, the spec they have given me finance for. Only good news is that I think they can amend the order, however I need to sign something about the emission change before anything can happen. So going into the dealer on Friday. So might not get all the options but might be able to add the sports diff. One thing I noticed today was that on the configurator the b&o stereo option has gone.

It's still there as part of the comfort & sound pack, I'd guess it's just an error on the configurator that it's not there as an individual item.

Everything is now sorted and I am happy. Still getting the car in november and was able to add on the sports diff, but left off the dynamic steering, B&O stereo and 4th year warranty. They have double counted the finance contribution in the original quote. so not as a good deal as before but I am still happy with it. so panic over.

They had a new RS5 in the dealer, so had a look around. Looks ok, not as aggressive as the old one and don't like the new wheel options or the price, and only got a V6. Would prefer a RS6 or RS7..

IMG 4643

IMG 4644

IMG 4646

IMG 4648

Reactions: cuke2u and Thundercliffe81
Shame about the B&O but I've heard the standard Audi system is still good if don't crank the bass to high

Shame about the B&O but I've heard the standard Audi system is still good if don't crank the bass to high

Yeah, I think the bass is about the only thing that makes the B&O system stand out for me versus the Audi system.

i hardly have the sound turned up in the car as my son is always chatting away. so thought i would not miss it and probably get more enjoyment out of the sports diff.

Roll on November

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and Daggerit
Out of interest, why couldn't you add the other options? Was it just your choice? Surely if they let you add the diff the spec isn't locked in / it hasn't gone to build yet and you could change any of it?

i hardly have the sound turned up in the car as my son is always chatting away. so thought i would not miss it and probably get more enjoyment out of the sports diff.

Roll on November

Great choice

Reactions: Robbe
Out of interest, why couldn't you add the other options? Was it just your choice? Surely if they let you add the diff the spec isn't locked in / it hasn't gone to build yet and you could change any of it?

it came down to cost in the end. was pushing my budget to add the sports diff. the remaing options are almost £2k so would of added almost £40+ to my monthly's.

@Robbe look forward to seeing the S4! Read what happened with the RS4 on your other thread, unbelievable. :( Everything happens for a reason. Sure you'll be very happy.

@Robbe look forward to seeing the S4! Read what happened with the RS4 on your other thread, unbelievable. :( Everything happens for a reason. Sure you'll be very happy.

Thanks. starting to feel more relaxed now all the issues have been resolved. Just a shame it's meant we are down to 1 car until November. On a good note i handes back the S6 with zero miles on the range. Was quite impressed with that. Was t going to give them a car back with fuel.

Reactions: Andy101, Thundercliffe81 and scotty76
Good effort. I bottle it when the range gets to 30. :D

Reactions: Robbe, Thundercliffe81 and Bristle Hound
Good effort. I bottle it when the range gets to 30. :D

Did start to worry when the car said please refill immediately. But winged it and got home ok. Was driving it in efficiency mode and like a old person.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and scotty76
Well after a week of hearing nothing from the dealer and your Audi not showing the order. Today I got a call saying they we’re sorry for the delay but everything is in place. So tried your Audi and it’s now working. Says car is due to be built on 30th October. Dealer is hoping this might come forward. How long does it take from build date to being at the dealer? Hoping it will be late November at the latest.

Well after a week of hearing nothing from the dealer and your Audi not showing the order. Today I got a call saying they we’re sorry for the delay but everything is in place. So tried your Audi and it’s now working. Says car is due to be built on 30th October. Dealer is hoping this might come forward. How long does it take from build date to being at the dealer? Hoping it will be late November at the latest.

Hey up lad. That's good news.

Mine started build late October and I got it mid December.

Hoping its built sooner. only been cycling for just under 2 weeks and so wishing i had a car.....

My build date is 30th October as well, so hoping it comes forward a bit. Can't wait to get my car.

just checked youraudi this morning and the build date has come forward 2 weeks to the 16th October. fingers crossed it keeps moving forward..

Just had an email from the dealer and audi have pulled one of my options, manual side blinds. bit disappointed as was a really useful options that we used a lot with my son. oh well..

Just had an email from the dealer and audi have pulled one of my options, manual side blinds. bit disappointed as was a really useful options that we used a lot with my son. oh well..

Pulled for what reason?

Pulled for what reason?

no idea. checked the online configurator and its no longer their. so have no idea. Audi seem to be making a few changes. you cannot get the B&O stereo on its own and just with the sound and comfort pack...

on the plus side i have £150 to spend on something else for the car, so have enquired about Carbon Mirrors.. :)