New S3 owner/Thread

Finally got to test the S3 and the mich ps4.... cant fault the car, really cant. Had power when i wanted, had tonnes of grip. I can tell they do understeer a bit, but i was trying to keep up with a 507bhp AMG merc :) haha. First time over on the Evo triangle and Surrounding area's. Really nice place, drained now though.... some how i managed 26mpg average if any one is bothered about that haha. AMG was the only one who had to refill again.

DSG... sublime, long as you preempt what gear you want, there will be no hesitation. I did have it in manual and used the flappy paddles. Whilst in sport it kept dropping a gear all the time and i didn't want it revving high all the time when just cruising.

Couple things i noticed.

1. Needs more power, I've said this before.
2. Now i've been on twisties, i can tell of the body roll and understeer... not much though. I through it into some corners and it performed really well.
3. I need an exhaust haha, The revo intake was awesome today but out of all the cars, mine was the quietest

Any tips on what to have the gearbox in? I did have TC on as well.

Be warned, next post is pic heavy

Reactions: jamiepaton5

Reactions: HHS3, S. and S3Alex
Is the dogmount worth it guys? £25 on awesome website

Cool. Will order one then cheers pal

My direct line policy started today. Ill lose my deposit wont i?

I had a Megane on £400pcm insurance. Insured my A3 go £1,200! I was wounded, looking forward to renewal day see if it goes down some. Nice car though mate. My A3 has the Pano-Roof....... and Auto lights haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kaine19
I had a Megane on £400pcm insurance. Insured my A3 go £1,200! I was wounded, looking forward to renewal day see if it goes down some. Nice car though mate. My A3 has the Pano-Roof....... and Auto lights haha!

pretty jealous of the auto lights haha, am so used to it from previous cars that i keep forgetting put them on

Fitted my revo intake the other day but no pictures, as waiting to fit my TTS cover. Ive gone for crinkle black and merc red. The red is merc red because the misses A class is red and her back bumper needs painting.

I can't take credit for the idea as i robbed the idea of @leshkin. I did email the company he told me about, but i spoke to my dad and he did it for me instead (i didnt know you could buy crinkle paint haha)

Fitted Porsche caps also

Reactions: raffhussain, leshkin, S. and 1 other person
So been trying fit this downpipe this week. Bit of a nightmare as wanted my mate do it and the reducer i got sent was wrong size.

So am going to visit a proper place and see what they can do and pricewise.

I nearly ordered autotech fuel pump
Rs4 valve
Dv+

This morning but the cam chain tensioner keeps going through my mind.

Euro has a easter weekend special on at the minute but i kinda dont trust their parts so ill ring tps in the morning and get a price.

I want the power but i also want to look after her. I cant hear any loud tappet noise apart from the usual injector noise

Reactions: S.
Ordered
Autotech high pressure fuel pump
RS4 fuel valve
DV+
This morning from PSI tuning. Saved around £80 compared to awesome GTI.

Onwards towards stage 2+ :)

Reactions: HHS3, S., S3Alex and 1 other person
Sounds good mate! Bet you can't wait for stage 2+ power, just remember to replace the OEM internal pump seal as well with the Autotech HPFP internals, mjr901 should be able to sort you out for this.

Ah. Never knew that. Hasnt he stopped trading on here?

There are two seals worth replacing but only one of them has the potential to cause issues which is the internal seal. It's not a common fault by any means and mainly only affects the odd high mileage fuel pump but the internal seal has been known to fail in these rare cases and so as a precautionary measure it is well worth replacing.

The other seal is an o-ring which sits between the pump and the cylinder head, this seal is the one provided in the Cam Follower kits which should be replaced annually/every 5-10K at stage 2+ & above.

I didn't realise Mike is no longer trading on here, do we know why? Depending on the reason then I've still got his phone number from a PM which I can send you, failing that try TPS.

There are two seals worth replacing but only one of them has the potential to cause issues which is the internal seal. It's not a common fault by any means and mainly only affects the odd high mileage fuel pump but the internal seal has been known to fail in these rare cases and so as a precautionary measure it is well worth replacing.

The other seal is an o-ring which sits between the pump and the cylinder head, this seal is the one provided in the Cam Follower kits which should be replaced annually/every 5-10K at stage 2+ & above.

I didn't realise Mike is no longer trading on here, do we know why? Depending on the reason then I've still got his phone number from a PM which I can send you, failing that try TPS.

Yeah, I just spoke to him - long story and one I'd rather not share publicly on ASN, but he's still trading - just search for his nick on FB to get in touch.

ASN parts request system is still up and running, just operated by another dealership.

Reactions: Kaine19 and HHS3
Yeah that's fair enough, thanks for the information.

Ive got the cam follower. Dont mind using tps but they took about 3 years last time to get the clips in for the tts cover haha. I dont know his name if any one can tell me?

Did you get the cam follower kit? It comes with the O-ring and 3 bolts as well. Anytime the fuel pump is removed it is advised to replace the O-ring.

I spoke to Mike (search for mjr901 on FB) about buying a new stock S3 fuel pump to fit the Autotech internals into, as mine will be near on 80K when stage 2+ comes, of which he said the RRP for one is £241 but for us he could do £168, so £498 in total for a new fuel pump and Autotech internals. Even if you paid £241 for a new fuel pump then it is still cheaper then buying the Loba unit which is basically the same thing. IIRC your S3 is around 40K so your fuel pump will be fine, Alex had his Autotech internals fitted at 40K and it's coped fine the last 40K being highly tuned.

Yeah i got the full kit with the cam follower. So do i just need the other seal then of the fuel pump

Good stuff.

Yes you just need a new internal seal from the stock fuel pump as the Autotech internals do not provide this. I've tried searching high and low to find the part number for it but with no success, so if anyone will know then it'll be Mike. Plenty of people haven't replaced this and have been absolutely fine, but there has been the very few unlucky one's who had a fault of which this part was to blame, so for peace of mind alone it's worth doing.

Last edited:
No worries. Will get onto him. Thanks for the help as usual

Reactions: HHS3
Sorted. Part ordered through mike :). Got a price for fuel filter. Oil pick up pipe and cam chain while i was at it. Around £260 all in i think it was. So that will be ordered on june pay day

Sounds great mate, that's a very good price and stage 2+ will be nothing but pure joy knowing that all parts have been replaced. Handy to know that Mike can source the internal seal as well, he really has helped out a lot of us on here, I know there was talks of a couple guys taking him out for a beer (or two!) so would definitely look to get involved myself if it were to happen.

Reactions: Kaine19 and S3Alex
Looking forward to it. Downpipe is to be fitted on tuesday. Fuel pump prob not long after that or before if can fit in then. Looking at ricks online booking it seems he has slots available nearly every week. I work shifts so its a lot easier to fit in for me.

One thing though, fitting the fuel pump. Am i ok to drive around fitting the new pump or will it need mapping straight away?

Decent your S3 is in very safe hands there, Rick will sort you out an absolute treat.

Regarding the HPFP you can drive it unmapped, however it is advised to do so as little as possible and without driving hard whatsoever as it won't run right. So just get it fitted as nearest as possible to mapping without ragging it in between.

Fair enough. Its my daily you see.

Yeah same they're a joy to drive and I'm loving stage 2, can only imagine what stage 2+ is like! Just remember if you're fitting the Autotech internals yourself, then take your time and make sure you're doing it in a clean, dust/dirt free environment as correct assembly of these units is paramount to their ability to function properly with no issues further down the line.

Reactions: S. and Kaine19
Just updating my list, i did look to just edit my previous one but couldnt do it

Revo intake £300..... BOUGHT
Exhaust £700 used.... Milltek downpipe with 200cell... BOUGHT
Dv+ £98.. BOUGHT
Cam follower £45.... BOUGHT
Front anti roll bar £160
Rear anti roll bar £160
Remap £400
Dsg remap £350
Porsche coolant cap £25... BOUGHT
Porsche oil cap £25..... BOUGHT
Tts engine cover £120.... BOUGHT
Uprated high pressure fuel pump £350.... BOUGHT
Lowering springs £150-£200
Super pro anti lift kit £130
Engine lower dogmount £30
Intercooler £600
Cam chain kit £200?
Super pro control arms £400
Braided lines £66
Ttrs brakes £500 used, may need disk and pads
Disc and pads for now £unsure
Rs4 fuel valve £50... BOUGHT
Pcv delete plate? £80 or uprated oem pcv
Oil change £40
Spacers... unsure on size and price yet
Cupra splitter from awesome £50 (unsure yet)
Rear wiper delete kit £12... BOUGHT

Poss?
Turbo outlet pipe £200
Throttle pipe £190
Runner flap delete £120
P3 vidi gauge £375
Tte420 with anything it needs -mortgage
Forge turbo muffle delete pipe £140

I know people say if the cam chain is loud, then change it. But how can i tell? Am not sure what its suppose sound like when it isnt loud either?

Little drive out earlier, felt the roll more today, went on to cat and fiddle (which is now ruined). average speed cameras boooo. Car is in dire need of a polish and wax. I had a machine polisher and all the gear but when i bought the car, i noticed it had dodgy paint on the rear qtr, which is coming through again. So i need wait to polish it really. Few pics anyways

R-Tech pcv delete kit...yay or nay? I know the I.E system is the only way really but is the pcv delete still worth doing for the price and before i go stage2+?

Little drive out earlier, felt the roll more today, went on to cat and fiddle (which is now ruined). average speed cameras boooo. Car is in dire need of a polish and wax. I had a machine polisher and all the gear but when i bought the car, i noticed it had dodgy paint on the rear qtr, which is coming through again. So i need wait to polish it really. Few pics anyways

Looks like a great road

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

R-Tech pcv delete kit...yay or nay? I know the I.E system is the only way really but is the pcv delete still worth doing for the price and before i go stage2+?

The r-tech kit also deletes the rear breather unlike the other pcv delete. Some have complained that you the smell of the fumes in the cabin when at standstill/idle but it depends where you run the hoses. I haven't experienced it once

Yeah thats what i looking at with the R-tech one.

I think... blocks both front and rear breathers (r-tech kit) and vents them into the atmosphere, rather than back into the engine.... the I.E system @S3Alex has is the only way to go really. But that is ££££

Reactions: S3Alex
I think... blocks both front and rear breathers (r-tech kit) and vents them into the atmosphere, rather than back into the engine.... the I.E system @S3Alex has is the only way to go really. But that is ££££

Unfortunately it is.....

It does get around the problem,but involves a fair bit of work and cost.

I think for a Stg2+ engine it might be uneconomical,but I found myself getting fed up having to take the inlet manifold off at every major service just to get the valves cleaned up.
The amount of blow-by and oil pick up does increase as boost pressure etc rises,and a PCV delete with a catch can will get some of the muck at least.

The engine on mine has been in bits 4 times so far,so getting the IE cam cover and breather made sense....I think...

What do you think on the R-tech kit @S3Alex. Is it worth getting it at £90 or pointless and wont really make a difference?

What do you think on the R-tech kit @S3Alex. Is it worth getting it at £90 or pointless and wont really make a difference?

Anything that catches at least some of the residue is worthwhile.
Even if it doesn't get all of it,it will at least slow the buildup and men it doesn't need doing so often.

Reactions: Kaine19
Am prob going to get it. Have it vented to atmosphere like in my subaru