New S3 Ordered, Roll On November!!

:p

Pink-Q7-Southampton-Large.jpg

Reactions: DIY Dave and Scott
Mine is now week 25 build so will not get to Australia until September!! It's slipping a month every time I call. Should have chosen black instead of Sepang Blue!

Hi Dave,

I ordered mine last week, haven't got a build week yet but they (Coventry Audi) said late September, maybe early October.

Yours looks quite a spec, must have cost a few quid. Mine is a little more modest:

Manual Sportback in Panther Black
Tech Pack with Connect
Sunroof
Parking Sensors
LED headlights
Interior light package

I avoided the roof rails too. I quite like them but the Wife is very anti, guess who won.

I'm glad the World Cup's here to take my mind off the wait.

Reactions: DIY Dave
Hi Dave,

I ordered mine last week, haven't got a build week yet but they (Coventry Audi) said late September, maybe early October.

Yours looks quite a spec, must have cost a few quid. Mine is a little more modest:

Manual Sportback in Panther Black
Tech Pack with Connect
Sunroof
Parking Sensors
LED headlights
Interior light package

I avoided the roof rails too. I quite like them but the Wife is very anti, guess who won.

I'm glad the World Cup's here to take my mind off the wait.

Sounds like a good spec as well and am sure it will be well worth the wait.

Thanks Dave. I keep looking at the options list wondering if I've made the right choices. I suspect the base car would give 99% of the fun so it's best to be at peace with the choices that have been made. But should I get a stereo upgrade and what about cruise control, 3 years pcp would mean a few quid a month...ARRRRGGGHHH

Thanks Dave. I keep looking at the options list wondering if I've made the right choices. I suspect the base car would give 99% of the fun so it's best to be at peace with the choices that have been made. But should I get a stereo upgrade and what about cruise control, 3 years pcp would mean a few quid a month...ARRRRGGGHHH

Adaptive cruise control you mean

Yeah I was in the same boat, took a few weeks to decide on my spec but happy in the end.

I went for 4 year pcp knowing I will likely change at year 3 but it made the extra toys a bit more affordable.

Reactions: Cleggy70
I ordered an S3 Saloon in Brilliant Red with DSG, ACC & Comfort Pack, been told to expect delivery early December.
I'm in no rush, just happy it's ordered now and I'll have it this year.
Had a test drive of the new Golf R and that was a nice drive but coming from a TT the S3 felt a better choice. Power and quality interior.

I ordered an S3 Saloon in Brilliant Red with DSG, ACC & Comfort Pack, been told to expect delivery early December.
I'm in no rush, just happy it's ordered now and I'll have it this year.
Had a test drive of the new Golf R and that was a nice drive but coming from a TT the S3 felt a better choice. Power and quality interior.

Mine is towards the end of November so I feel your pain, long wait but will be worth it !

Got a provisional build week of w/c 6/10 and the dealer said it should be with them by end of October. Have you had any updates Dave?

Got a provisional build week of w/c 6/10 and the dealer said it should be with them by end of October. Have you had any updates Dave?

I am sure you will be pleased with that, it helps to have a date to focus on.

My last update was to say it is still on course for a week 28 build and September 1st collection. 75 days and counting.

Good news from my dealer, My S3 is now week 28 build instead of week 36, so it should arrive (in Aus) by mid-September instead of mid November.... at least the wait is shorter.

Nice 1 mate, may give my dealer a kick see where we are with dates. What colour you go for ?

Ordered as Ice Silver, but a footnote on my order say as it will be a MY15, it will be Florett Silver. They had A1 in Florett Silver at the dealer, colour looked good.

Hi people...

Mines build week 40 and is exclusive Merlin purple it was ordered in April.

Mine is now week 25 build so will not get to Australia until September!! It's slipping a month every time I call. Should have chosen black instead of Sepang Blue!

I'm in Aust as well, ordered a S3 sedan in Sepang blue on the first week of Feb, to this day, still no BW, my dealership said there was only 3 S3 sedan in Sepang within the system destined for Aust at present.

Will be paying them a visit this weekend to see if a BW has been assigned to our car yet.

Nice colour, don't see many at all. S3 I take it? When you hoping to get it, early November?

I know mate I fancied something different as my old S3 and TTRS was both Suzuka grey..

Yes iv gone for S3 Sportback s-tronic
Exclusive paint
Advanced key
Audi Parking plus
B&O sound
Black styling pack
Comfort pack
Cruise control
Folding & heated mirrors
Interior lighting pack
Pan glass sunroof
Privacy glass
Reversing camera
Super Sports seats
Tech pack

So far iv been told October and the wait is killing me...

I know mate I fancied something different as my old S3 and TTRS was both Suzuka grey..

Yes iv gone for S3 Sportback s-tronic
Exclusive paint
Advanced key
Audi Parking plus
B&O sound
Black styling pack
Comfort pack
Cruise control
Folding & heated mirrors
Interior lighting pack
Pan glass sunroof
Privacy glass
Reversing camera
Super Sports seats
Tech pack

So far iv been told October and the wait is killing me...

Same here, the wait does kill you even though I have a S3 now !

I ordered beginning of April and expected to get it November time.

I wouldn't hang everything on the build week.........mine is turning up 4-5 weeks early.
Originally build week 29.

Thanks, is that for sportbacks or hatchbacks? The Saloon seems to take quite a bit longer.
Also, did the dealer give you the info or did you have to chase them for it?
Sorry for all the questions ;)

Thanks, is that for sportbacks or hatchbacks? The Saloon seems to take quite a bit longer.

Not sure who the question is posed at. But mine is a SB and the dealer gave me the information without prompting. The saloon is built in a different factory I believe (Hungary rather than Germany) so I guess the timing could well be different. And the saloon is selling well in the USA whereas the SB has not launched there yet (they're going to try with the SB eTron apparently!). So I guess higher demand for the saloon at the moment, hence longer delivery times?

Mine is a sporstback and delivery was confirmed by dealer without any chasing. When I ordered it I was told to expect a November delivery so the dealer was only too happy to give me a positive update.