New Owner

Westy

Reaction score
Hi all

I picked up my S3 last night and I love it so far. Been in a corsa 1.4 for the last year so this is a nice change. Its also my first German car, and I wish i'd bought one earlier.

I have a couple of questions:

1- I need to do an oil change and wondered what oil I should be using?
2- I want to do the haldex filter and oil change myself and wondered how difficult this was. Are there any instructions on how to do it?

thanks in advance.

ps. great site

hi, yeah the upgrade from a 1.4 corsa to an s3 is quite some upgrade isnt it i had a 1.4 sri 2003 corsa before which id tuned and got an extra 40bhp out of, what a waste as the s3 was standard when i got it then i got it re-mapped and the difference was much more noticalbe then the power i got from the corsa and that cost me 3k to get 40bhp my re-map was less then £300.

as for the haldex oil im yet to do mine im sure if you do a serch on here there will be a tutorial

you'l need to buy a tool to remove the haldex filter and its an **** to get to without ramps, involves heating the car up so the oil drops out of the haldex, you then have to inject genuine Audi haldex oil back into the haldex and replace the plug....

engine oil is 30w/5w i think from memory.... that or 40w/0w..... best ringing audi to be sure

welcome Westle :)

depends on which service interval you are for the oil change

But some 5w/30 should be fine. you will need 4.5L

btw 1animal1, what's up with these oil grades :p

i'll have two extra 'w's please Bob haha - im a jack of all trades, master of none:)

cheers guys. Sounds like I'll get a garage to do the Haldex then!

I'd also like to point out that even though I went from a corsa to the S3 I have had other performance cars prior to the corsa. Renault 5 GTT, Clio 182, lotus elise. The S3 feels like the best built out of all of them and it combines comfort and performance, I love it. :applaus:

I'm giving the car a full clean up this weekend so I'll have some photos soon. Its nothing special, looks like every other facelift ming blue S3 ;-)

ming blue like mine :)

it is special

Hi all,

Just new on here so thought id send a little msg. got a java green a3 about 3 month ago, love it!!. Has anyone else got a java green cos cant seem to find them any where and have been told there rather rare x

Hey loo, im sure there is another java green on here, yellowgti's i think it is, do a search, im sure it will come up....

Oh and get some pics up...will be good to see the rarity :)

I'm giving the car a full clean up this weekend so I'll have some photos soon. Its nothing special, looks like every other facelift ming blue S3 ;-)

Hi,and welcome, yeah get some pics up mate i have just bought myself a ming blue one myself about 2-3 weeks back,