New owner.

Roadrunner146

Reaction score
Evening all.
Just acquired a new to me A6 Avant TDI after my C6 supercharged engine let go.

A couple of questions.
Performance. It seems quicker than I expected. Was going to have it mapped but I'm not sure if it's already been done. What sort of Performance 0 to 60 times are you getting from a mapped diesel. It's a way of checking if I can't get any information out of the previous owner.

The nav doesn't work. It's missing either a disc or memory card. My car doesn't have the same mmi that my old one had. Memory card slots are in the dash not in the glove compartment.
Is it as simple as buying a loaded card from ebay and plugging it in.

What should I be keeping my eye on.
Already have a headlamp height adjustment warning to sort out.

That'll do for now.

Thanks in advance.

Brad

Evening all.
Just acquired a new to me A6 Avant TDI after my C6 supercharged engine let go.

A couple of questions.
Performance. It seems quicker than I expected. Was going to have it mapped but I'm not sure if it's already been done. What sort of Performance 0 to 60 times are you getting from a mapped diesel. It's a way of checking if I can't get any information out of the previous owner.

The nav doesn't work. It's missing either a disc or memory card. My car doesn't have the same mmi that my old one had. Memory card slots are in the dash not in the glove compartment.
Is it as simple as buying a loaded card from ebay and plugging it in.

What should I be keeping my eye on.
Already have a headlamp height adjustment warning to sort out.

That'll do for now.

Thanks in advance.

Brad

If the memory card slots are exposed (not behind a flap) then you have the RMC version of the navigation. Audi seem to be selling the latest maps for about €200 https://shops.audi.com/en_GB/web/zubehoer/search?search_term=navi&f=CARMODEL_SERIES!A6. Issue is that it needs to be connected to the Audi system in Germany to be activated so will probably incur some labour charge as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If the memory card slots are exposed (not behind a flap) then you have the RMC version of the navigation. Audi seem to be selling the latest maps for about €200 https://shops.audi.com/en_GB/web/zubehoer/search?search_term=navi&f=CARMODEL_SERIES!A6. Issue is that it needs to be connected to the Audi system in Germany to be activated so will probably incur some labour charge as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks

Seems a lot of money for little return.