New Member: Needing B6 3.0 V6 Quattro Ownership Tips + A Few Questions

Gibonz

Vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just joined up and loving the site.

Recently purchased a B6 3.0 V6 Quattro and was wondering if anyone could provide useful info on maintenance/servicing, possible reliability issues, any known faults for both engine & suspension, 4WD issues, tuning and any other general information on the car with that particular engine etc

Heard from the last owner that the oil should be topped up every 1000 miles and to use 10W 40, is this correct?

Are there issues with the suspension arms? I had a B5.5 Passat before which needed them done...

Plans For The Future:

- 19" Audi BBS Speedline Wheels
- Coilovers
- New Front & Rear Lower Spoiler/Valance
- New Skirts
- 'Joey' Headlights
- LED Lit Interior
- RNS-E

Looking forward to working on the car over the next few months.

Thanks for looking!

Gib

i called audi about the oil and they said castrol fully synthetic 5w30. oil servise is really easy, filter and drain plug are right behind the n/s fog light.

other problems that i've had with suspention where my 2 rear shocks where needing replaced but mine is a very early b6 with sport setup and has done 106000 miles.

in reguards to the quattro, just make sure all your tyres are the same make, brand and tread deapth. if its ever on a ramp, get them to check the rear diff oil, it real easy to get to.

with reliability, the only bit problems i've come across is if you have multitronic gear box, not heared any common problems with the engine apart form coil packs failing and the water pump(usally gets changed with the timing belt).

in reguards to tuning, most company's offer more for the 1.8T's, very little options for the 3.0 but if you shouldn't have any problems with your above list.

hope this is helpful

Last edited:
Great post man, many thanks for that.

Yeh not that interested in more power, just really the aethestics!

It currently has 2 Powerflow exhausts on it so that'll do it hehe...!