New Key

Adeel43

My key has stopped unlocking the car, lock and boot buttons work ok as does the lock/unlock in the car. I'm leaning toward a new key but not paying dealer prices!

Any recommended suppliers in/near SW London?

maxpayne

Following. Also need our second key fixed.

I came across https://bit.ly/2AWNnPr and they key design looks amazing (they even add suitable logos on the key on request) but no chance to me going from London to Sheffield just for a key!

maxpayne

I guess we need the car to be present for the coding or can we do it ourselves with VCDS at home? In that case we can volunteer Chris to take all our keys and get it done haha!

ab1702

My key has stopped unlocking the car, lock and boot buttons work ok as does the lock/unlock in the car. I'm leaning toward a new key but not paying dealer prices!

I’m guessing it doesn’t unlock any of the doors?

If you’re wanting a new key just type into google ‘replacement car keys in s/w London’ and I’m sure it’ll fetch a few results up. Up here in Yorkshire it costs about £100 for a new/spare key if you don’t go through the dealer.

Last edited:

samisnake

newham? i dont wanna get shot

thats a brilliant price, might have a look at it.
edit- check out their instagram profile, they recently did an 8p. very good shout maxpayne

maxpayne

@Adeel43 @samisnake just confirmed with the guy some details.

It will be £90 if three of us do it using the so called Bentley style keys. The £70 quoted was a starting from price.

Reckon bargain it to £80? Anyway let me know if we can do a group buy or not.

He’s in Upton Park by the way. I have his phone no. PM me for it please.

Richard46

newham? i dont wanna get shot

thats a brilliant price, might have a look at it.
edit- check out their instagram profile, they recently did an 8p. very good shout maxpayne
Lived there 40 years not seen a gun pulled yet; take a chance. :playful: