New car ordered, what would you recommend for before I collect?

A4AvantBlackEdition

Reaction score
Just ordered a new A4, Black Edition in Brilliant Black with Piana Black interior with leather and Alcantara seats.

My sales exec mentioned that it will be "prepped" and be under a nice silky cover as a "reveal" when I collect it. I'm assuming it will be washed and polished ready for collection.

Now I'm not super OCD about the exterior but the piano black is going to scratch really easily.

How likely is it that Audi will leave swirls all over the interior trim and are they likely to make a mess of the paint too?

What would you guys suggest to do? Should I tell them not to bother prepping it?

Thanks in advance guys.

I'd tell them to leave it well alone. I got my brand new Q5 in navarra blue and whilst not terrible there were plenty of dealer installed cobweb swirls.
Got an excellent detailer to rectify and ceramic coat it. Worth every penny. The dealers will usually use your supermarket car park type wash guys.
Info of the guy below
0660fe010e920f6d71a5ce91c83c3ebd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: A4AvantBlackEdition
Don't bother. If you want to keep it 'swirl-less'

Prep it yourself when you get home. You will take better care of it.

Very ****** likely that they will swirl the pain work. Like @A4A4 suggested don't bother, find a good local detailer and get them do the job properly.

Or perhaps let them do it if you would be taking your car to drive-through and / or £5 car-wash .

It'll come from the factory with paint imperfections so whatever the dealership does it'll be irrelevent. Just get a new car detail done with a good ceramic coating...

Reactions: A4AvantBlackEdition and V6_Man
I should mention this will be a 2 year lease car. I'm not overly bothered about a few swirls on the bodywork, it's the interior piano black I'm more bothered about. Perhaps let them do the outside but leave the interior trim?

Black will show up more than just a few swirls even if you are very careful and if you have a good ceramic coating then the bodywork will more or less look after itself. See this thread about the Piano black trim http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/piano-black-trim.317640/

Cheers bud. I had previously ordered Megs PlastiX and was planning on using it tonight. Will scrap the idea and order G6.

Reactions: cuke2u
mine was pretty much defect from the dealer, luck of the draw i guess

with the piano black interior you won't stop very light marks, i think i've caused most of mine just using MFs!

best product i can suggest is GTechniq glass cleaner as it drys without leaving residue marks, and seems to have a light filler - so the light marks disappear

Reactions: A4AvantBlackEdition and christuffley