New B9 S4 Avant on the way

monkey66

Reaction score
Zks6ep 6
Hi all, hopefully in the next week my new S4 Avant will land. It was an Audi UK spec car in stock so I did not choose the options but am very happy with them. I look forward to getting to know you guys.

Image from the configurator.

Spec:
  • Daytona Grey, pearl effect (6Y6Y)
  • Audi Virtual Cockpit (9S8)
  • Black exterior mirror housings (6FJ)
  • Inlays, Piano finish black (5TL)
  • Black Styling Package (4ZD)
  • Roof rails, black (3S2)
  • 3-spk mf-sw flat-bottom (2PF)
  • Privacy glass side&rear window (VW6)
  • Hill hold assist (UH2)
  • Extended LED Interior Light pk (QQ2)
  • 19x8.5J 5-Vspoke titanium alloys (PQI)
  • Red brake calipers (PC2)
  • Rear view camera (KA2)

Last edited:
Reactions: GaryP, rocki3, Keef and 5 others
Hi all, hopefully in the next week my new S4 Avant will land. It was an Audi UK spec car in stock so I did not choose the options but am very happy with them. I look forward to getting to know you guys.

Image from the configurator.

Spec:
  • Daytona Grey, pearl effect (6Y6Y)
  • Audi Virtual Cockpit (9S8)
  • Black exterior mirror housings (6FJ)
  • Inlays, Piano finish black (5TL)
  • Black Styling Package (4ZD)
  • Roof rails, black (3S2)
  • 3-spk mf-sw flat-bottom (2PF)
  • Privacy glass side&rear window (VW6)
  • Hill hold assist (UH2)
  • Extended LED Interior Light pk (QQ2)
  • 19x8.5J 5-Vspoke titanium alloys (PQI)
  • Red brake calipers (PC2)
  • Rear view camera (KA2)

Loads of good lads on here with S4s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Daggerit
Sounds fantastic. :)

When did you buy it bud I think that's the one I was offered and very nearly went for great spec wife wanted the pano wasonly real reason. Am jealous I'm be a month or two yet before I get mine

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Just signing now. Came via a broker who found it for me from a dealer in Northern England. I was originally looking at Golf R Estates but I have always wanted an S4 and the itch just got to me.

Not really having 2-3 months to spare I looked around to see what was in stock, saw the overall spec of this car and thought it will make me very happy. If I were specifying I would have looked to spent more option money on the mechanics than the cosmetics but it looks awesome and it is not an under featured car. Hard to imagine there would be many the same spec.

I have been running an E46 330i Msport saloon for 9 years so I have earned a new ride.

Reactions: Capitan, Spaceman_RS3 and Thundercliffe81
You won't retreat Daytona and black pack is awesome see Keef thread

Reactions: Keef
Looks great. Love that grey and black pack ftw!

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
2 weeks dance with Audi finance (are they always this slow?) but told she will be delivered on Monday, very excited!

2 weeks dance with Audi finance (are they always this slow?) but told she will be delivered on Monday, very excited!
What do you mean? They still messing around or is it all green light?

Should be 24 hours maximum really!

It's aparrently been 'all green light' for a week or more. Then they asked for more documents, then they claimed they never received them, I called bs and magically they found them, then they claimed I never sent my drivers license, I called bs again and told them to find it, magically they found it. Then they decided they want another utility bill then they took another 3 days to process, then it was too late to deliver tomorrow, then their delivery driver does not do weekends ...so the date is now Monday aparrently. I'll believe it when I see the car.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and Spaceman_RS3
That all sounds like bull, Is this the dealers or Audi finance messing you around?
It might be because I already had finance but I didn't have to do any of that, quick copy of license and boom finance approved, literally took 5 mins whilst I was at the dealers, signing the paperwork.

Just read your posts again, is everything going through the broker? Is that the problem??

The broker has been working them hard but the document bs and the delays were all Audi Finance in Preston. Aparrently they were 'really busy'.

The broker has been working them hard but the document bs and the delays were all Audi Finance in Preston. Aparrently they were 'really busy'.

Hope you get to collect on Monday, we can't wait to see it. It's going to be a long weekend for you. :)

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and Keef
Thanks Sandra

Reactions: Sandra
That all sounds like bull, Is this the dealers or Audi finance messing you around?
It might be because I already had finance but I didn't have to do any of that, quick copy of license and boom finance approved, literally took 5 mins whilst I was at the dealers, signing the paperwork.

Just read your posts again, is everything going through the broker? Is that the problem??
One thought is the dealer may have had another potential customer in the frame. On the assumption they make more money than via the broker they may have intentionally stalled to see if they could close that deal. Otherwise why not sign up the hot buyer (me) asap, first rule of sales 'close the deal'!

And so the nonsense continues. No promised call from the delivery driver for the 1pm delivery. I chase and so does my broker. at 12.55pm I get a call from Sharon at Preston Audi to tell me she has 'good and bad news'. The delivery truck has apparently broken down and they are now sending the car back to Preston and she is seeing if they can still get it out to me today. I asked her what time it left and she said 'very early', I said well why would the car be going back to Preston, surely it has to be nearer me (North London) if it left at 7.30am as she claims. She starts getting defensive and tells me she is looking into it.

Are all Audi dealers this illusive?

At what point do I say 'enough' and buy another BMW because I am teetering right now.

Update - Much better call with Sharon, she knew nothing of the 2 week run-around, has taken details and promised an investigation.

It turns out the delivery didn't leave until 8.30am so no wonder the timeline made no sense to me. She has also promised the car today, another truck is waiting when the first truck is towed back to them. She offered that I could get a hire car if I needed today but I pointed out that would be quite hard as they still have my driving licence (I have no idea why have they not returned it already, they have had it for a week?)

The broker is mortified and Sharon seems genuinely concerned with my poor experience.

OK ...and breath.

So let's see if the car actually arrives tonight and it is as it should be. Then hopefully I can put all this nonsense behind me and enjoy my new car.

Keep us updated. I hope you get the car later today. :)

So I am told the car left Preston (again) at 3pm so I guess should arrive here 8-9pm.

Gees sounds like they've really been messing you around pal. Hope you get the car!
Might be worth a polite little email to Audi CS outlining your experience as a new customer!

Thanks Keef, I will see what Sharon comes up with and go from there.

So I am told the car left Preston (again) at 3pm so I guess should arrive here 8-9pm.
You tell the dealership your more than happy they stay open for you, lol. You don't ask you don't get. :) x

They are delivering to London from Preston, so the poor driver is working late but I djnt suppose the dealership is staying open.

Gees sounds like they've really been messing you around pal. Hope you get the car!
Might be worth a polite little email to Audi CS outlining your experience as a new customer!

Indeed. I bought in Poole (again) from Audi Sport and Simon is the man. Fact. Second S4. Petrolhead and very very smooth. Extra mile and all that. However, I live in Yorkshire (that's all I'll say) and my Audi 'servicing' customer service has taken a nose dive. But regardless of franchise, there should be a base level of service you'd hope. Look forward to seeing the car!

Reactions: Sandra
Well I was assured the driver would call me with updates and I have heard nothing. About par for the course.

OK. Driver just called, eta 9pm.

Reactions: Daggerit
Just had a call from the driver (nice chap). He has reached his time limit and has to take a 45mins break! So about 10 pm now. Not sure how I can inspect the car in the dark.

Oh man, think you need to somehow caveat this with the dealers that a visual inspection wasn't possible. As it's there fault I'm sure they should be ok with that?

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
OK. Finally here. Signed for uninspected.

Been out for a quick spin, first impressions are very nice, feels a lot lighter than my e46 330i.

Even on a little tickle it goes like stink.

They forgot to return my licence.

ff603413ae68f8a3bba2741113b3a6d7.jpg

Reactions: Thundercliffe81, Keef, EddieRS3 and 1 other person
Happy days more pics in morning enjoy those matrix lights tonight.

OK. Finally here. Signed for uninspected.

Been out for a quick spin, first impressions are very nice, feels a lot lighter than my e46 330i.

Even on a little tickle it goes like stink.

They forgot to return my licence.

ff603413ae68f8a3bba2741113b3a6d7.jpg

Looking good mate!

2017 05 16 090531 copy mid
2017 05 16 094210 copy mid
2017 05 16 101032 copy

Reactions: BarryG79, Thundercliffe81, zippster and 4 others