New Audi TT

benw123

Reaction score
As this new Cool Wall is a great new feature to ASN, I thought I'd start one of my own.

So what do we think of the new TT?

car_photo_208978_5.jpg

car_photo_208980_5.jpg

Having seen it in the flesh I'm a fan - moves the original on nicely and at last is apparently exciting to drive.

marriedblonde said:
Good for him, my last estate agent drove a lexus coupe, it's not got 4wd and it's not a cool car either. Your point is?

J.

It's a her by the way with the Z4. My point is not a lot of Estate Agents around here have TT's, they run Lexus, Volvo and BMW's or Mini's. That's the point!

I do not think the new TT is in the same league as the old one, Handling performance image. Top notch! In the right colour Black!! Not Dakar Beige or Petrol Blue!!:jump:

marriedblonde said:
Male or female I'm still missing the point of the "it's not even 4wd" comment

z4 is not even :icon_thumright: 4wd... Decent TT's and other Audis are QUATTRO

I know Z4 is not Quattro. For some reason BMW currently refuse to sell their 4wd cars (Chelsea tractors excluded) in the UK.

Cheers

Quattro is best in MHO

But so what? Lots of cars aren't audi's and quattro/4wd. Never once driven my current car and thought "God I wish it had 4wd"

But I think the threads topic was is the new TT cool or not...

marriedblonde said:
But so what? Lots of cars aren't audi's and quattro/4wd. Never once driven my current car and thought "God I wish it had 4wd"

But I think the threads topic was is the new TT cool or not...

ever had an Audi Quattro??:jump:
so what's all this about hairdressers and their BMW's?

TTR

Rick Glover said:
ever had an Audi Quattro??:jump:
so what's all this about hairdressers and their BMW's?

TTR

No but I have had an R32...

I agree the Z4 convertable does come with a tarts image. Not sure if the coupe will end up the same way. Time will tell.

i'd agree that the convertable z4 is a right gay.

but the coupe looks much harder.so you'd get away with a confused bisexual maybe?
only kidding. coupe looks much cooler. i'd have one. but i don't like bmws :)

Sam-K said:
i'd agree that the convertable z4 is a right gay.

but the coupe looks much harder.so you'd get away with a confused bisexual maybe?
only kidding. coupe looks much cooler. i'd have one. but i don't like bmws :)

Me neither that's why I look at them seriously occasionally and conclude they are now match for an Audi!!

TT
R:hubbahubba:

Rick Glover said:
Me neither that's why I look at them seriously occasionally and conclude they are now match for an Audi!
You seriously believe a bmw is no match for an Audi.
emotlol_21.gif

james0808 said:
You seriously believe a bmw is no match for an Audi.

Most definately apart from CO2 emissions and fuel economy! :icon_thumright:

Wait until you try it on with a bmw in your tiTTy,then you will see which car is not a match.

james0808 said:
Wait until you try it on with a bmw in your tiTTy,then you will see which car is not a match.

I do not need to prove anything, that's why I drive Audis!:bye:

Thats is a horrible colour.
Here is an example of a better colour,with a private plate thats right for your tiTTy.
sixspeed.jpg

Rick Glover said:
Nope... not for me I'm afraid...looks Naff IMHO... OK on Vans and 70's 80's Jap motors (which were always (nearly) white)
I didnt think it would be as your only interested in black boring oem Audi.
Ive been trying to think who you remind me off and i have just thought of who it is.
John-Major.jpg

Rick Glover said:
Tories are generally Grey !!

I am definately not!!

TT
No,but you are definatly boring,now run along and have your plate of peas before they go cold,dear.

james0808 said:
No,but you are definatly boring,now run along and have your plate of peas before they go cold,dear.

Not playing anymore. Peas going cold... unlike my Black TT

:hubbahubba:

Rick Glover said:
Not playing anymore. Peas going cold... unlike my Black TT
Yeah,your right its only luke warm at best.
I cant play anymore as im off out soon for some beers and a curry.:rockwoot:
It will be your bedtime soon so,night night.

james0808 said:
Yeah,your right its only luke warm at best.
I cant play anymore as im off out soon for some beers and a curry.:rockwoot:
It will be your bedtime soon so,night night.

Bet the inside of that Merc smells nice!!

TT

Us country folks just off for a barn dance, pasties and scrumpy>>>:scared2:

Rick Glover said:
Nope... not for me I'm afraid...looks Naff IMHO... OK on Vans and 70's 80's Jap motors (which were always (nearly) white)

TT (Black)

R:jump:

Was a real fan of the old shape until the march of the hairdressers. I expected Audi to do something radical again with the model instead of just updating it feel a bit dissapointed with them.

As for the BMW v Audi thing i considered them both this time round and although the beemer had more power the mpg was shocking compared to an Audi even better chipped plus i love Audi's wolf in sheeps clothing thinking apart from some obvious cars like the S5 R8 etc.

My two pee spent

The MK1 TT still turns my head even today. They made the MK2 look sharper and drive better. Although I didn't like its (photo) appearance at first but it quickly grew on me.

As for the interior, in the MK2 I noticed the silver face plate (covering the stereo head unit) was missing. Why? I thought it looked cool in the MK1.

According to Audi's model rollout schedule there could be a TT-S and TT-RS on the way. I can't wait.

Road Razor said:
The MK1 TT still turns my head even today. They made the MK2 look sharper and drive better. Although I didn't like its (photo) appearance at first but it quickly grew on me.

As for the interior, in the MK2 I noticed the silver face plate (covering the stereo head unit) was missing. Why? I thought it looked cool in the MK1.

According to Audi's model rollout schedule there could be a TT-S and TT-RS on the way. I can't wait.

Agree with you on TT silver plate but what the heck, it now goes and handles a treat!!

TTS due in June with S3 motor+ quattro, RS bit of an unknown as yet..:scared2:

Looks Great! I wouldn't say it's a vast improvement on the first TT but they're sure going the right way with their deign.

Lucas

FrOgR said:
As for the BMW v Audi thing i considered them both this time round and although the beemer had more power the mpg was shocking compared to an Audi even better chipped plus i love Audi's wolf in sheeps clothing thinking apart from some obvious cars like the S5 R8 etc.

Not sure what BM you where looking at, I'm assuming if it was a coupe you where comparing like for like. The coupe only comes with the 3litre lump so the equiv TT is the 3.2. The BM has more power, is quicker and returns better MPG (31 vs 27) If your comparing the 3litre against the 2ltr TT your not really comparing apples with apples. Even then you the difference isn't that great at 31 vs 26mpg.

J.

FrOgR said:
Was a real fan of the old shape until the march of the hairdressers. I expected Audi to do something radical again with the model instead of just updating it feel a bit dissapointed with them.

My two pee spent

Glad to see some support for the TT. Cheers:hubbahubba:

I would not say it is a cool car... it is a nice car, well built and with good dynamics but something is missing to be cool like a Brera for instance...

Like all Audis I find it a bit to "clinical" to be considered cool...

It is a good overall car though.

Pedro