New a3 owner :)

lewis_lb

Reaction score
Hey guys,
My names Lewis and I'm 19. Live in East Sussex.
Just bought myself a 1999 Audi A3 1.8t in black, full leather interior with about 93k on the clocks. LOVE IT!!

I've bought myself a couple of goodies for it but was wondering if you guys could help me with my power gains?

I've got for it so far:
Coilovers, de-badged front grille, Miltek cat-back exhaust, and a Front mount intercooler.

What shall I do that will give nice power gains at not too higher price?

Thanks,
Lewis. :)

a remap for sure my man!

A remap on an AGU these days can be had for just £150 or so from a reputable tuner, and will take your 150bhp car up to around 190bhp, and 220-230lbft as well.

it's by far the best improvement you can do!

Be prepared to need a new front ARB if you lower it more than about 40mm though, as it'll rub on the driveshaft without an uprated arb

Good luck!

Hi dude welcome to asn. Be sure to upload pics of your mods as you go as its always good to see what exsperiance people have had with the 10year+ car.

As for performance upgrades i think youl have a good setup there mate, if youv got a spare £200 and handy with the tools then a ko3s turbo can be put on that will help with the fact your going to fit a fmic, iv heard the ko3 can lose abit of poke with a fmic.

sorry to hi jack thread but is a remap really that cheap. i might have to do one asap now

Yup but supporting mods to go with the remap are a must, a clutch change/uprate is always a good idea ;)

A remap on an AGU these days can be had for just £150

WTF!!!1 Share a link to show that please.. My Custom Code cost £350

Custom-Code - The Latest Innovation in Serial Port Chip Tuning Technology. Remap VW - Audi - Seat - Skoda - Phase One - Generic Remap

@OP, 2 things i would suggest. Re-map and exhaust. Dont listen to the sheep no here about a forge dump valve. Simply put there is no difference on a 1.8T with a standard dump valve but im sure the sheep with disagree.
Second point is say goodbye to your bank balance..lol

what makes you say that mate? as in getting carried away with mods or the cars are a nightmare? im in the process of buying one

WTF!!!1 Share a link to show that please.. My Custom Code cost £350

Custom-Code - The Latest Innovation in Serial Port Chip Tuning Technology. Remap VW - Audi - Seat - Skoda - Phase One - Generic Remap

@OP, 2 things i would suggest. Re-map and exhaust. Dont listen to the sheep no here about a forge dump valve. Simply put there is no difference on a 1.8T with a standard dump valve but im sure the sheep with disagree.

Baaa....lol forge 007p does nothing for performance, just more peace of mind imo.

what makes you say that mate? as in getting carried away with mods or the cars are a nightmare? im in the process of buying one

Once you start modding, Its never ending. Plus the more you mod, the more strain you put on the non modded parts so they start to need replacing too. Word of advice, get yourself Vag.com or buy a cheap lead from egay and get VCD-s lite to at least checks the fault codes when parts start to fail.