New 4 tyre set S3 8V

Azz

Reaction score
looking to change all my tyrers on MY66 8V S3.

Came with Bridgstones, 18inch. but had tyres checked they are all on avg about 3.5mm

what tyres would you reccomend and any good online places to buy?

3.5mm is a fair bit, legal limit is 1.6mm I know it’s not good practice to run them right down but I’d be looking for a bit more out of them...

Reactions: Jassyo06
Just looking for some reccomedations as il change them for summer in abour 3 months time

Reactions: Starry
Michelin PS, priced matched and fitted by Audi is my preferred option

Reactions: DeeGee68 and Azz
Don't know about the S3 or if these are good for a car with more performance than mine but iv just fitted Pirelli Cinturato All Season Plus to my 1.6tdi. Amazing performance so far in around the 1st 1k miles iv done. Its snowing here and it feels like iv got winter tires on. Driven through all times of conditions so far. Also drove to hotter climates earlier this week and motorway performance seems good too. Way quieter than my summer tires I had on too but these were down to the last 2mm.

i recently put 4 new Hankook ventus v12 evo2 on as recommended by a friend that races who said all the car racers here use Hankook....bought 235 width for my OEM 18" wheels, so nice bit of meat on them, and they seem great....very reasonable price....and maybe a good option for now or even your summer set

Reactions: davc
Yokohama AD08r Iv never had a tyre like it wet and dry it just grips and grips

I have 4 pirelli p zereo's R02 SC's waiting to go on but for me the best tyre covering all aspects, handling, wear, grip, noise and price has to be the Goodyear Asymmetric 3. I just fancied a wee change and strangely liked the look of the large rim protector on the R02 SC.

Check camskill for prices

I have 4 pirelli p zereo's R02 SC's waiting to go on but for me the best tyre covering all aspects, handling, wear, grip, noise and price has to be the Goodyear Asymmetric 3. I just fancied a wee change and strangely liked the look of the large rim protector on the R02 SC.

Check camskill for prices
Amen to that. Always put Goodyears on my cars. I'll never go back to P0's though lol.

Camskill is good if you know someone who can fit them, I found it cheaper to go through Black Circles with fitting.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
i recently put 4 new Hankook ventus v12 evo2 on as recommended by a friend that races who said all the car racers here use Hankook....bought 235 width for my OEM 18" wheels, so nice bit of meat on them, and they seem great....very reasonable price....and maybe a good option for now or even your summer set

I have had these tyres on my car from new. Done 10k miles on them now and they have been ok dry and wet. Only think I will say is there is very little feedback and I have no idea where I am with them. Of course it could just be the car set up but I will find out when I change them.

Reactions: PanamaS3
I'm a huge fan of the Michelin PS4's (18in) – had them fitted yesterday to replace the Pirelli P Zeros. Whilst the new tyres aren't run in yet, I can feel a notable difference in handling and performance, absolute top-quality tyres! Special offer on Blackcircles at the moment, £40 off for the purchase of four Michy's!

Reactions: Gazwould
Costco regularly run deals on Michelin and you also get 'free' nitrogen :) bought a few sets there over the years.

for the 18icn what are the biggest width size can you go for... 225, 235? id like some bulky tyres. and the profile size 40, 35,25 ? and waht is the speed rating

Depends how wide your wheels are. Before any discounts the PS4 225/40s on my Golf are usually about £100, 235s on my A4 are about £130ish - seems a lot more for only 10mm.

I picked up 4x Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetric 3 really like them. Got them from blackcircles for £350