Need new Brakes on my 1998 A6 C5, help!

evomaster3000

Reaction score
Well after owning my car now for nearly 3 years and not changing my brakes i'm pretty sure they are glazed over and basicially in need of new discs n pads and i'll do all of em while i'm at it.

I'm running 20" wheels on it which i'm sure has increased the pressure put on the brakes to stop it so i'm looking to increase in diameter on the front and back if possible.

I read somewhere that u can get a bracket off a TT to make the front brakes the same size as the 1.9tdi and smaller engine models came with smaller front discs.

And anyone had any good experiences with uprated drilled/grooved discs, i've heard bad things about EBC, any other reccomendations

Cheers, jack

Does your A6 have the same brakes as a B6 A4?
If it does the TT ones wont fit and you will need the carriers off a V6 passat or get some B5 S4 brakes which are even better and fairly cheap.

I have no idea mate, i was hoping someone could tell me? but i've done some research and ther is a conversion for porsche brakes tho it'll cost about £700 to upgrade to 4 pot with 320mm discs.

I'll think i'll go for a S4/S6 brake upgrade, sorta the midway but still 320mm i think? and a bit less than £700!

I will go looking around and asking my vw mechanic mate.

You might be in luck here,my mate has just crashed his car and i have a set of S4 brakes which was for his passat,he wont be needing them now.I bet he wishes he had them before.
Have a look in classifieds.