MY2012 RNSe and SD cards

audigex

Reaction score
I've been looking at info on the RNSe SD cards because I don't have my manual to hand, but the only things I can find are from 2007/8.

I've got an RNSe and use an iPod for most of my music, but I wanted to slap in a couple of SD cards for those times when I've not got my iPod with me or just forget to plug it in before I set off. Is there still a limit of 400/512 files per card? I know I can use up to 32GB cards, but that seems a bit pointless if I can't actually put that many files on it - I've got a couple of 2GB, a 4GB and an 8GB lying around. Also, are there still limits on how many files can be in each folder?

Cheers

I'm wondering why Audi put the maps on DVD and not on one of the SD cards like aftermarket units because its silly you can't play a CD and use the sat nav at the same time.

get the changer if you need that functionality afaik theres no file limit on the new card, and if you do go 32gb theyre on special on amazon for the kingston class 10's

I don't need mega file functionality or a CD changer - my iPod is there for 16GB of musical goodness with playlists, artists, albums etc: I'm just trying to get an idea of how many songs I can put on (in a single/couple of folders for random playing) before I go to the effort of converting them to MP3 (my music is, as a rule, in ALAC format).

Also, is there any way to make MIX stay on permanently? At the moment it turns off when I turn the engine off.

No limit, but use class 10 or may get delays between tracks.

i still get delays with class 10 but its around 2 sec which tbh i expect with the full 32 gig card

Morning Phileas :)

Really, cause my class 10's dont do it anymore, are you sure yours are class 10 & originals, as there are a huge amount of fakes & cards claiming to be class 10, I would use a checker for speed to see what it runs at, I have a usb key tester for non genuine keys advertised as a size but turn out to be allot less, hack in memory tells windows its bigger, think it works on cards aswell.

i still get delays with class 10 but its around 2 sec which tbh i expect with the full 32 gig card

I got 2 16gb class 10 cards from amazon, delay is annoying! Mk1 RNSE was much quicker at selecting tracks (obviously down to the file size).

They were amazon direct nige but I did check capacity and speed I wouldn't buy them from eBay since you just never know

Old thread I I know but can anyone recommend a 32gb sd card which is known to work with the RNSe mk2 glossy screen ?

I have tried and old 4gb Sandisk one I had lying around and it does not work. I am looking to buy from amazon

i use ScanDisk 16gb Class 6's. they work ok with the RSNe - G, same as you have got lad. but as mentioned above i have a slight delay, so when i get round to it will try for Class 10's to see if the delay disappears.

you cleaned that car yet?? :laugh: don't forget pics

any gap between tracks?

No delay between tracks. It does takes up to 30 seconds to start playing when you start the car but I suspect that happens with all cards (I do have 6500 songs on the card!).