Facelift MY19 310ps-300ps

1f0d54f6e412472a9dd453bf5e389b70.jpg

f21306ba00e54777bbe57a6ebec0268c.jpg
Scuba diving paradise that is mate, er indoors has scuba dived several times in Sharm, l can't because of my iffy ears

Reactions: TYb
We go to a adults only resort, which is bliss, no screaming kids!

Best type of holidays. Mrs also 50 this year we're doing the new Sandals on Barbados

Reactions: Rolly12, NevMan and TYb
Thomson holiday by any chance
Was with TUI and stayed in a RUI Palace hotel. TUi seemed to have stepped their game up. Hotel was excellent, really good food and the Jamaican people are so welcoming.

Reactions: Rolly12, Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
Was with TUI and stayed in a RUI Palace hotel. TUi seemed to have stepped their game up. Hotel was excellent, really good food and the Jamaican people are so welcoming.
Glad you had a good yin mate, been travelling with Thomson/First choice/ TUI for the last 10 years yeah they are expanding into new parts of the Caribbean thing with the Caribbean is the ****** humidity and rain.. ... It rained a lot when I was in Dom Rep

Reactions: Rolly12
...thought this was a MY19 thread, but it's turning into a bl..dy holiday review one...time to get back on track me thinks..lol!! :blahblah1::thumbs up:

Last edited:
Reactions: mve7, Jassyo06, TYb and 1 other person
Glad you had a good yin mate, been travelling with Thomson/First choice/ TUI for the last 10 years yeah they are expanding into new parts of the Caribbean thing with the Caribbean is the ****** humidity and rain.. ... It rained a lot when I was in Dom Rep

Cheers pal

We were quite lucky in Jamaica, clear sky every day until about 2pm then a thunder showe to clear the air.

...thought this was a MY19 thread, but it's turning into a bl..dy holiday review one...time to get back on track me thinks..lol!! :blahblah1::thumbs up:

Soz

Reactions: Jassyo06 and AllanG
There's only so much you can post about, on a set of alloys and 8 bhp less or so called less bhp anyways them photos @q5man posted are far better looking than any Audi lol

Reactions: NevMan, Snake Pliskin, TYb and 1 other person
There's only so much you can post about, on a set of alloys and 8 bhp less or so called less bhp anyways them photos @q5man posted are far better looking than any Audi lol

Agree

Reactions: Jassyo06
L

St Lucia....hope ye dont get bored easily.....lol

l was away in May for 11 nights mate with my son Jordan and my wee mum....plus Avril....not going away again this year decided today actually, perhaps Sensatori in Punta Cana....next May...yeah been saving up for the next car deposit,to be honest l dont know whether it'll be the all new S3 or a performance Beemer....all new M2 perhaps...will keep my options open...but for sure it will be in a exclusive/individual paint colour

Echoing the individual/exclusive idea for my next car too. Tempted to change for the M2 CP next year at some point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highly recommend Jamaica, we went a couple of weeks ago and it was ****** lovely.

Barbados over Jamaica ALL DAY

Reactions: Daveotto and Jassyo06
The current black edition alloys are 18”?

Yes current ones are 18", i'm not quite sure which of the BE models will get the 19" as standard or will all BE models will get them.

Ever fly from edi jass?

Yes current ones are 18", i'm not quite sure which of the BE models will get the 19" as standard or will all BE models will get them.

I’ll be a bit disappointed if the S3 BE sportback gets them!

Echoing the individual/exclusive idea for my next car too. Tempted to change for the M2 CP next year at some point

You got one the money printers stashed away in yer loft.... Lol

310 or 300 makes no real difference except for those who like peeking at the guy in the next urinal :)

In the real world where no one needs more than about 180bhp IMHO but everyone chases bigger is better its quiet refreshing to see Audi bucking the trend

I'm surprised no one commented, no one needs more than 180bhp, we are discussing S3s not Toyota Camrys !

I agree, but I still think its interesting that they are reducing it, effectively "going backwards".
In Australia, we have have always had the reduced hp version, mine is a 210kw My15, the My14 was 206kw, while the EU version was 220kw, either our poor petrol quality or being a hot climate was always blamed.

The answer would be in reducing the CO2 emissions, other car manufacturers such as Renault are also reducing engine size, for example the RS Meganes came with a 2 litre motor, and the new RS just released has a 1.8l motor (206Kw)

I believe the EU does have targets for reducing CO2 emissions by 2021, which means reduced fuel consumption levels. I fear the aim is to eventually have us drive electric cars which make no noise and will engender no passion - then again Audi are good at engineering the passion out of their cars.

My opinion still stands even if my next car is likely to be 350BHP

There was a show called Dream Car Garage, where the host after testing a car would ask 'do we need a car like this and do we want a car like this."

If keep telling Audi we don't need 300 hp hatchbacks, they'll stop making them - after a recent 500km round trip for work in a 2017 model RAV4, I've never appreciated my S3 as much.

I am sure I have read this is due to Australian. lower octane values

The lower octane reason has been around for a while but nearly all petrol stations have had 98 and 95 ron petrol for more than decade now, but when pushed on the issue of the octane rating, the story then changes to our poor quality fuels. Apparently we all higher sulphur levels in our petrol when compared to EU standards, and our diesel is even worse.

As for our high temperatures, yes it can get hot, but then Sydney is really no hotter than countries like Italy, and cities like Melbourne are marginally cooler.

Naa they haven’t

I’ve picked up my new s3 2 weeks ago and was told it’s only 300ps, I very nearly cancelled the order before signing the dotted line thinking about going for the 140i but after looking into it, performance figures remained the same and an increase in torque meant you’re getting the same out of the new model as the previous, glad I went ahead with it as what a machine it is!

Reactions: loftylad and S3LOK
Currently bumbling around in a MY19 Q3 with the 35 TFSi 150PS engine and FWD. For everyday use, it's fine, but feels gutless when you need to get a shift on. I think the 190PS version of the same engine (40 TFSi) would be much better.

I’ve picked up my new s3 2 weeks ago and was told it’s only 300ps, I very nearly cancelled the order before signing the dotted line thinking about going for the 140i but after looking into it, performance figures remained the same and an increase in torque meant you’re getting the same out of the new model as the previous, glad I went ahead with it as what a machine it is!
Hi,what is the torque increase.thought it was still 400 nm.on Audi configuration they put 480nm for the s3 which is wrong as this figure relates to rs3

There's no torque increase. This is the spec sheet for my MY2019 S3 Sportback, from the official Audi Greece PDF:

Attachments

• 2019-02-15 12_07_09-Window.png
    2019-02-15 12_07_09-Window.png
    83.7 KB · Views: 234
There's no torque increase. This is the spec sheet from my MY2019 S3 Sportback, from the official Audi Greece PDF:

Sooo we're also talking about a decrease in torque from 400Nm to 370Nm it seems?

That's what they say. I'm waiting for delivery any day now, so we'll see. There's another S3 (of the MY2018, 310hp/400Nm variety) at the parking lot at work, and we're planning on a full comparison, the owner is a really nice guy :)

Reactions: Lehn
Seems the wing alloys are going to become more rare! :) glad I grabbed a set last week!

Reactions: loftylad
Seems the wing alloys are going to become more rare! :) glad I grabbed a set last week!

I so nearly spec’d the wing arms...but told myself I had to draw the line somewhere!

Couldn’t believe it when I found out mine is now coming with them as standard! :footy:

Reactions: Pook, natalie1817 and NevMan
A pretty useful video I saw on the golf r forum which explains the perceived backwards step by losing the dual injection

Just looked at some brand new R’s on autotrader and all seem to be quoting the 306bhp/310ps engine whilst the S3 is 296bhp, I assumed they’d be the same.

Really like the look of the facelift R.

Reactions: NevMan
Just looked at some brand new R’s on autotrader and all seem to be quoting the 306bhp/310ps engine whilst the S3 is 296bhp, I assumed they’d be the same.

Really like the look of the facelift R.

No they’re 300ps also. Cupra has gone back to 290ps

Reactions: NevMan and TYb