My s4 surgery

I see.

I prefer the 50:50 engine oil and diesel used as a flush for 10mins at high idle.

Dont think i'd want to be driving around on boost with some unknown quantity in my really expensive engine.

At least with a diesel flush your sat on the drive idling and can ensure the turbos dont spool up!

Out of interest, what oil is it? Dextron2?

its dexron 2. i did get the idea off CGTI, farquare, you a regular there?

ive used it in a couple 20vts in the past that were gummy, it cleared them up

one thing im concerned about with a diesel flush is all the crap being dislodged, then ive got to get the sump off to clean the strainer, which knowing the audi would invole the whole subframe coming down

the atf is going in with 5L of this
http://www.carlube.co.uk/index.cfm?product=74

ive used atf in loads of cars in the past without issues, including my 215k mile golf gti.

ive got a cement mixer noise coming from the off side exhaust manifold so whats the worst that can happen? next step for the car after today is cambelt water pump stat and every roller i can get my hands on

fantastic. what golf you got?

ive taken the car out, at first i was getting power surging but then i reset the fault code, went out again and its rapid to say the least

maf reads upto 290gs.

new oil is in too so will take it to work again tomorrow and see what the mpg is this time

its amd, i did read the maf shows odd figures with an amd remap

my hose work from the maf to the y section is 80 something mm though, which i think is RS4 stuff?!

dont have one any more.

Had a nice mk2 8v for a few years there, rebuilt the bottom end with a 3a bubble block, hotgolf lightened flywheel, designadubs head (>2mm oversize ex valves), euro race split duration cam etc. Sold it when my g/f started clocking up the miles and needed something better on fuel.

Replaced with a motorbike and a remapped 1.8t b5 avant sport.

S4 sounds like a bit of a beast, will be looking for a change of car in spring, could be swung by one of these if the temptation to buy an 80's 911 subsides......

if youre local come and try mine, im in southend essex

hotgolf is still doing golf bits i think, i put one of his lightened flywheels on my golf last summer

a couple guys i know have gone from golfs to bikes, bikes are uber cheap, but im a car person.

as for 80s porsches... ive got a 928 in a million bits at the moment. working on that makes the audi look like a doddle. youve got to appreciate the s4 engine bay is a complete **** to work on