My S3 Thread

niallh

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys

Was on the forum previously when i had a A3 8L TDi with a few darkside development bit done to it and after a year away from Audi's im back

Here is my S3 8P that i picked up last week, I previously had a 2011 Polo GTI but the known issues with the 1.4TSI were making it very unreliable with it keeping fouling spark plugs and drinking oil so I decided to take a loss on it and traded it in.

The S3 is slightly high mileage on 106k but it comes with full Audi service history along with a recent cambelt change and haldex service both completed at Audi

Anyway the plans are Stage 2+ maps from r-tech and all the supporting mods, will be happening gradually as im meant to be saving for a holiday and start saving for a house deposit
signLOL.gif

The pics are from the for sale ad

Looks very nice.

I wouldn't worry too much about mileage if it's been well looked after and serviced regularly.

The engine is pretty robust,and the other things like Haldex and cambelt have already been done.

Any decent tuner should give the car a decent check-over before mapping it,and that's especially important on higher mileage cars.

Cheers Alex. Your car is an absolute animal, followed it on here and vagoc.

I'll be sending it to Audi for service every 12k but I'll be servicing it the 6k in between.

I had 206k on my a3 when I sold that so mileage wasn't an issue. I just wanted a blue one with xenons

Reactions: S3Alex
Cheers Alex. Your car is an absolute animal, followed it on here and vagoc.

I'll be sending it to Audi for service every 12k but I'll be servicing it the 6k in between.

I had 206k on my a3 when I sold that so mileage wasn't an issue. I just wanted a blue one with xenons

Thank you!

Just remember that it was this place and VAGOC that made me do that to the car.
Lots more coming shortly.

Well I havent updated this for a while. A few bits have been done since.

Went and picked up my Milltek cat back, however the seller still had both the rear section and the non-res pipe still connected to spent a while trying to get it to fit in the car as I took my GF with me and she wasnt too happy about being crushed with the seat far enough forward to fit the exhaust in. Got it home and tried to fit it but the clamp holding connecting the standard exhaust together had bolts that resembled two rusty stumps :( had to take it to my mates garage that weekend to get it up on a ramp and he just sliced the clamp clean off for me

Puchased a Revo intake from a member on mk5GTIForum, after posting a wanted ad. Came really quickly and of course it was on the car the night it arrived

I got an Autotech HPFP for £150 from a guy breaking his S3. Had an absolute nightmare fitting it, the low pressure hose wouldnt come off the barb so ended up unscrewing it and losing the washer for which I ended up buying a second hand bare pump unit from a friend for a tenner just for the washer.

Bought a cheap ebay downpipe which was listed to fit an S3 but clearly didnt if i still wanted my prop shaft connected so ended up selling to a mate with a mk2 Leon Cupra. About a month later i found a Milltek downpipe with sports cat for £250 so a 2 hour trip to Birmingham to collect and that was fitted the same weekend.

Fast forward to two weeks ago and i got a warning sign on the DIS for brake failure. Had this on my last a3 when the fluid was low as a result of a popped clutch line. Turned out that my rear caliper has broken a seal and was ******* brake fluid all over the rear wheel. Got a genuine refurbed caliper from TRW but its in R32 blue as it all they had for £70 and put some new rear pads in at the same time. the brake pedal is still a little spongy so got a feeling i might have to buy some more brake fluid and bleed the ABS pump

And to bring the thread up to date I have just placed an order with Alex @ AKS tuning for a Peron intercooler, Helix Clutch and LUK Flywheel and some R8 coilpacks.