My s3 due mot / service

Gavin96

Reaction score
Alright folks my s3 is due a service soon and the lovely chap i bought the s3 off at audi told me they would give me a replacement with my current warranty whilst they work on my s3. Is it worth me asking him weather i could drive an audi rs3 for the time mine is in the garage there? Or does that seem cheeky ?As i am genuinely interested in purchasing such car in the near future !

If you're looking into getting an RS3 after, tell them. I'm sure they will try to arrange something for you.

Yes i will ask them and let them know i have a genuine intrest in the rs range i hope they consider what i am asking as when i went to buy the s3 they did not let me test drive it unless i bought it first which i found strange to be honest.

I guess the sales team in Staffordshire audi get a lot of joy riders ? Maybe because im fairly young he thought i was messing them around he changed tune when i said i am a cash buyer :icon thumright:

Maybe... I've usually got quite lucky, I know its not an S3 but when I went to test drive a A3 2.0TDI 180 or whatever the engine is, it was actually a very good length test drive. I was only 20/21 maybe at the time.

When my Polo went in for a service I asked if I could get a Golf GTD for the day as I was interested, they said no... my dad knew someone in sales at the dealer, so I told services I didn't need a car and got it sorted on the side.

Dealership Insurance premiums prevent young drivers from such things as test drives plain and simple nowt else
My son wasn't allowed to drive a RS3 until he was over 25 years old and he had worked for audi for 4 years

Reactions: JonnyS3
Dealership Insurance premiums prevent young drivers from such things as test drives plain and simple nowt else
My son wasn't allowed to drive a RS3 until he was over 25 years old and he had worked for audi for 4 years

Did you encourage him to keep at it so you can use his discount ? :icon thumright:

Reactions: Jassyo06
Yes i can understand them being strict for under 25s to be honest. I personally drive my s3 like an old fart in eco trying to get more than 30 mpg :sleeping: i use my brothers track day audi tt to let off some steam over the weekends :smiley: at Anglesey mon circuit ! With regards the rs3 i would be looking at 65 reg onwards so 30k onwards i would guess? Insurance believe it or not, was cheaper on a 57 plate r8 4.2 than the rs3 coming in at £1400 at 500 excess :grimacing:

Yes i can understand them being strict for under 25s to be honest. I personally drive my s3 like an old fart in eco trying to get more than 30 mpg :sleeping: i use my brothers track day audi tt to let off some steam over the weekends :smiley: at Anglesey mon circuit ! With regards the rs3 i would be looking at 65 reg onwards so 30k onwards i would guess? Insurance believe it or not, was cheaper on a 57 plate r8 4.2 than the rs3 coming in at £1400 at 500 excess :grimacing:

If you drive around in eco mode all the time trying to extract the best mpg you can, then why did you buy an S3? And why would you consider an RS3? Neither car was built to extract brilliant mpg. Maybe you'd have been better off with a TDI or say a 180bhp petrol.

If you drive around in eco mode all the time trying to extract the best mpg you can, then why did you buy an S3? And why would you consider an RS3? Neither car was built to extract brilliant mpg. Maybe you'd have been better off with a TDI or say a 180bhp petrol.
I drive the S3 in efficiency 90% of the time, I don't mind the coasting feature and 90% of the time I can't drive spiritedly (traffic, bad roads etc etc...) so no point in being in dynamic or anything. However when the time is right.... then the S3 is worth it :D and the fuel I've saved driving 'carefully' rather than accelerating and slamming brakes for the car in front, I can then burn all that fuel when the time is right :)