My Old S3....

Woo what a corker Chris, it'll be a lucky someone who gets their paws on that precious metal! :laugh:

Lovely motor but going to be lucky to achieve that asking price i think.

shame ive spent so much cash on my s3 always wanted a noggy blue,

does it have a gt28rs eliminator on it not a proper big turbo then??? how was that?

probly to save the internals if they werent done??? rods at the min are a must if you go bigger and want to keep safe afaik

what a beaut by the way,looks completely immaculate with all the neccesary mechanical goodies you could want in one,
whats the gt28r like in the s3 ,is it worth the 4k, if thats the right price (rough guess)

Last edited:
probly to save the internals if they werent done??? rods at the min are a must if you go bigger and want to keep safe afaik
i meant how did it drive not 'how come you used a eliminator'

Ad has now been updated with the Service History for those of you who are interested! Yeah it has the ATP GT28RS Eliminator Turbo. I cant speak for ChriS3 but for me personally I've found it has a strong pull all the way through the revs and holds its boost remarkably well. Just keeps on going. Not sure if this is just a case of this particular car being so well mapped by Star Performance or some other factor, but by golly it's a pure delight to drive!

Lovelhy car, bit rich for me at the minute though!

put this into perspective...... an MTM facelift sold for the 8k mark a couple of months back...that had the 12k MTM kit on it and was immaculate.....

Very nice!, Saw it on pistonheads too. Noggy is the way forward :rock:...

As others said he would be lucky geting that price for it. But good luck to him anyway :)

put this into perspective...... an MTM facelift sold for the 8k mark a couple of months back...that had the 12k MTM kit on it and was immaculate.....

;)

Personally I think the revised price is very reasonable, whether you achieve it is a different matter.

MTMs looked awesome on that car, dont really like the new RS4 style alloys, dont think they drop with the S3, however each to their own mate.

This was for sale when I bought my MTM S3 last year I believe, stunning motor mate!

All the best!

hey im not dissin matey ;)

according to a mate of mine cap/glasses prices have been increasing on certain cars over the past few months (or reducing by far less)....could be a sign of recovery for us poor chaps who bought medium to high

Thanks for all the comments guys.:applaus:
1animal1 I suppose at the end of the day it will only be worth what someone is willing to pay for it, and admittedly it probably is human nature to attach a premium value to our own cars as they are our pride and joys afterall! So perhaps I am being a little overly optimistic with my asking price without realising it, but I'm just hoping that there is someone out there that agrees with me and thinks 'Yeah that is one special motor, I'll have me some of that'! But if not then I guess that good old market forces may well dictate a lower selling price.

But whatever price she goes for in the end, somone will definitely be getting one absolute belter of a car!!!!! :)sign_plug:) :laugh::laugh:

Cracking car.

I know you need to try and get some money back for the money spent but it seems rather high price

Crikey seems a few folk reckon Im maybe still asking over the odds, eek.
What would you fellows say is the correct asking price for this beast?

depends how quickly you want to sell...... if your testing then leave it as is.... if you want rid then you will need to drop it...only you can say by how much because you do not have a realistic bench mark to gauge it against

you make a good point.
not hugely desperate to sell within the next month or so but I will be looking to have sold it after then so dont want to completely put people off for the time being either. hmmmmmmm :huh:

Crikey seems a few folk reckon Im maybe still asking over the odds, eek.
What would you fellows say is the correct asking price for this beast?

Problem is you're really selling to a very restricted market with a car at that level of tune. Most won't want to come near it however good it is simply because of perceptions about that. In that light do the mods really warrant the premium? Perhaps only to a real enthusiast.

But you know all that already.

You did ask - so i'll say. Correct (read realistic) asking price - 6.5-7K?

B (retreats quickly).

I'd say more like 7-8k but some people will be put off by the state of tune. However, i would have bought a modified one if there was a decent low miles one around when i looked

Thanks for all the comments guys. Have taken them on board and with that in mind I've decided that a nice compromise is £8250. Heres hoping someone agrees that this is a good deal and snaps her up before too long. :bye:

i dont see why people on here are so quick to de-value s3's surely if they were to be advertised at enthusiast prices as thats what an s3 warrents imo then we would all be loosing less money when we sell, people always want to pay less but if the prices started higher then the expected price would be higher in the buyers opinion also,

or does it not work like that at all???

it all depends on how quick you want to sell Kev, its not a case of wanting to devalue the S3 as most of us are in the same boat..... its drawing the line between putting up for sale and actually wanting rid of the car..... i could advertise mine @ 15k and it would make me annoyed (if i didnt know anything about pricing) if any of you lot didnt pipe up and say 'get real Tim' your simply miles away

im not saying the above case is miles away, we are simply saying that for a quick sale the prvious price was pushing it beyond the realms of realism

Thanks for all the comments guys. Have taken them on board and with that in mind I've decided that a nice compromise is £8250. Heres hoping someone agrees that this is a good deal and snaps her up before too long. :bye:

BLIMEY mate, thats a serious drop in asking price? Personally I think the £9750 region was very realistic.

Big turbo S3s are not too common and im sure someone out there will snap it up, but I think you have reduced it too too quickly mate, £8250 thats practically giving it away!!

BLIMEY mate, thats a serious drop in asking price? Personally I think the £9750 region was very realistic.

Big turbo S3s are not too common and im sure someone out there will snap it up, but I think you have reduced it too too quickly mate, £8250 thats practically giving it away!!

I'd have to agree with that, some one will be picking up a bargain for £8250!