Facelift My DIY S3 security add on :0)

pop80_uk

Reaction score
Hey all,
So as we know, thief's like Audi S3's and I wanted to protect mine without putting my family at risk.

So I got thinking, what would cause a thief the maximum discomfort whilst also increasing the possibility of getting my S3 back with only a short distance covered by the thief.

This took me back to my uni days and working in the labs playing with frequency waves, and the discomfort low frequency pitch can cause to all humans.

So I bought one of these:
Amazon:
Kemo Marderschutz with abgesetzten Ultraschall-Lautsprechern M094

and played around with the frequency until it was un bearable for any long period.

I then installed it in my S3 (its hidden) along with a hidden on off switch

So picture the scene, Mr thief breaks into my house and steals my S3 keys, he gets in the car starts the engine, which provides power to the ultrasonic generator and fills the car with low frequency pulses.

He drives off and bears it for maybe 2 - 3 minutes until its making his ears ring and him / her feel physically ill. Turning up the stereo and opening the window does nothing, as this is a low frequency ultrasonic wave so its still causing discomfort. They can take no more and hopefully abandon the S3 not far away.

I know its a bit of an out there idea, but I just figure, anything that can help is worth it.

Just thought I would share.

Reactions: Terminator x, Mylee, Audi Bairn and 3 others
mike-myers-dr-evil.jpg

Reactions: pop80_uk, Terminator x, listers_socks and 1 other person
Very inventive, worth a try. Unfortunately you’ll never know for sure unless some nicks it :)

Reactions: pop80_uk
Could you make it play "The Brown Note"? However, if I think this through I wouldn't want to get the car back afterwards :whistle2:

Reactions: pop80_uk, Neil C and Terminator x
I think it’s a great idea but I would install CCTV to see there faces and there reaction just for the laughs and then hand it to the police (well if it ever happened hahaha).

So picture the scene, Mr thief breaks into my house and steals my S3 keys, he gets in the car starts the engine, which provides power to the ultrasonic generator and fills the car with low frequency pulses.

He drives off and bears it for maybe 2 - 3 minutes until its making his ears ring and him / her feel physically ill. Turning up the stereo and opening the window does nothing, as this is a low frequency ultrasonic wave so its still causing discomfort. They can take no more and hopefully abandon the S3 not far away.

I know its a bit of an out there idea, but I just figure, anything that can help is worth it.

Just thought I would share.

Out of spite, they'd probably drive it into a wall to damage it. Would you really want it back?

In the past i've put a hidden switch on the fuel pump...

Reactions: pop80_uk and KrisKrk