My car needs a clean

disco_stu01

disco_stu01
Reaction score
Letting my car get dirty over christmas but starting to feel tempted to go clean her. Was going to wait til the new year and then pay and get it done fully inside and out! However, what products if I do it myself do people recommend do the best job? Or where is a good place to get it cleaned in the area of Norwich, costs, time etc?

Thanks

Do it yourself, its silver so its DEAD easy to clean

might be worth getting some clay bar and using that after you have washed it, it removes all the little inbedded crap from the paint by lifting it away from the paint.

then give it a good polish with something like autogylm super resin

then use some back to black gel for all the plastic parts of the car

and then bling up the tyres with some tyre shine

give the interior a hoovering and if you have leather bung some leather care on it to protect it.

no point paying someone to do something you can do and can also enjoy

My car is in the same state too... bin meaning to clean it for weeks! Need to stock up on products and get it cleaned soon, even tho I'm quite liking having black alloys!!

mine was in a hell of a mess yesterday, really couldnt be bothered to do it myself, was feeling a bit rough after xmas ;) was filthy dirty caked in dirt that had set on as i didnt drive for a few days. Went to a local hand car wash, £4, 20mins later car was like new! Ill start washing it by hand again after new year when the whether gets better.

I must admit this time of year I put mine through an car wash once a week. Keeps all the muck and grim at bay. The ARC wash just down the road is one where the car moves through on a track. I just use the £2.20 wash and blow dry. Being silver it comes out looking good and it even gets the wheels nice and clean. All I have to do is dry off the windows and any dampness left with a chamois.

It can't be doing the car too much harm as I always get comments about how good the bodywork looks when I come to trade-in.

The inside just gets a regular hooving and a wipe down and still looks as good as new after two and a half years and £34k miles. Its light grey and much easier to keep clean that all my previous black interiors. The drivers side front carpet is looking a little worn but that can be easily changed.

During the summer months the car gets washed by hand and 'polished' about twice a year. The same applies to the wheels although I think the 16-spoke alloys on my new sportback may take a little longer to clean than my current 7-arm design.

i just washed mine and waxed it

its been washed and waxed 4 time in the past 2 weeks as i hate the thought of the crap off the road eating into the paint

the more i polish it the most scratches i notice and the more stone chips!!!! ahhhhh

out of interest d3ft what wax do you use?

i used MER when i first got the car and it streaked like nothing else!!! what a git

so the GF told me to use Autogylm stuff which is made for dark paints and does not leave any oil patches like other waxes do

and all i can say is ITS MEGA!!!!

I use both AG Deep Shine
agdeepshine.JPG
and Meguiars
cryspolstage2.gif
and I use Pinnacle
sov2.JPG
wax, this is expensive but nice, and is supposed to be 'the best' for Reds & Blacks

Washed mine today and it came out looking gorgeous!

Only shampoo'd it so it will need a good polish soon, will do when i'm not feeling so lazy!

Its so nice to have a sparkling shiny car again :D

Washed,clayed,polished & sealed mine today used a foaming car wash,all purpose cleaner,clay bar,2 polishes,chemical cleaner,sealent,tyre cleaner,wheel wax, & finally a glass cleaner, took from 11 til 3.30.
But i love it.
If your into car cleaning the place to be...
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk

d3fy said:
I use both AG Deep Shine
agdeepshine.JPG

yeah thats the stuff i used, also went to halfords and they had them on 3 for 2 so i bought 3 bottles!!!

Am I the only one that thinks the AG stuff is garbage? The only decent product they make is their glass polish.

AS others have said have a look over on detailing world for an idea of what is available.

J.

Yes AG is ***** its just a filler so only lasts one wash especially on black. I used it on my old car then saw the light and visited Detailingworld. I certainly would never put my car through a car wash or give it to a polish guy doing a hand wash

Yup I'm not keen on AG other than the glass polish. After looking on detailing world I think I might invest in some Blackfire stuffs next and some poorboys wheel sealant once I get the wheel repaired