My BAM Repairs and Mods

Found the leak, typical it’s the scuttle panel.

Didn’t realise Audi no longer sell them and neither do TPS so will have to find another fix for it, any ideas?

Moving on I have bought some second hand r32 anti roll bars but the front one has some rust, should I be worried?

Thanks for all the ongoing help guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought one last month around £75 try the parts request that’s where I got mine

Managed to get a new scuttle panel from dealer yesterday so happy days.

Now given another user on here had a very similar issue to me on the clutch and revs jumping, you guys were right so it’s going to be clutch shopping.

From GSF the bits are coming to about £400 which seems good.

The Sachs plate Tuffty added to his setup, is this needed for about 260-270 bhp and the equivalent torque. What exactly does the Sachs plate do?

Thanks

Gsf have another 60% code at the moment, so you can get a full LUK clutch and DMF for 1000 reduced to 400.

Pretty sure a stock clutch can handle more than 270 lb_ft torque.

The Sachs plate Tuffty added to his setup, is this needed for about 260-270 bhp and the equivalent torque. What exactly does the Sachs plate do?
Arguably not needed as the std clutch should be up for it but as always this is subject to driver style and driving conditions...

Its the increased torque that will be an issue but if you are not hard on the clutch (launching for example kills any clutch no matter what type) then it should be fine

The Sachs 4 puck cerametallic plate is grippier for starters and due to the smaller surface area of the friction material there is inherently more clamping force available which is why its competent at handling the sort of torque setups like mine can produce..

They do wear more quickly and will wear the flywheel and pressure plate more quickly too but the pedal is still OE light...

Using an organic plate to hold the same torque levels require stiffer pressure plates... the problem with the stiff pressure plates is that they put extra load on the thrust bearings and also the concentric slave increasing potential for premature failure

<tuffty/>

They do wear more quickly and will wear the flywheel and pressure plate more quickly too but the pedal is still OE light...

Does the above refer to the Sachs plate you added to the LUK setup? Does it cause the clutch to wear more quickly?

Gsf have another 60% code at the moment, so you can get a full LUK clutch and DMF for 1000 reduced to 400.

Pretty sure a stock clutch can handle more than 270 lb_ft torque.

Yes mate this is what I was looking at and that’s what I’ll probably get. Thanks for this.

Hi to all so having some issues since fitting FMIC ie wellycooler 76mm in out with reducers straight of the cooler.
I am currently experiencing severe over-boost I thought this could be the n75 I have bought 2 as the first was ebay type then found an original which has made no difference then I ran wastgate on my hybrid its 10 psi constant so im guessing the actuator is ok I then adjusted the actuator out by one turn as suggested by a friend which has also made no change any ideas my map is set to 22 psi and going up too and probably past 28 psi at which point I let off even though I have rods am I wrong in thinking a boost leak can cause over-boost?

Hi to all so having some issues since fitting FMIC ie wellycooler 76mm in out with reducers straight of the cooler.
I am currently experiencing severe over-boost I thought this could be the n75 I have bought 2 as the first was ebay type then found an original which has made no difference then I ran wastgate on my hybrid its 10 psi constant so im guessing the actuator is ok I then adjusted the actuator out by one turn as suggested by a friend which has also made no change any ideas my map is set to 22 psi and going up too and probably past 28 psi at which point I let off even though I have rods am I wrong in thinking a boost leak can cause over-boost?
Probably best to start your own thread dude rather than hijacking this one tbh

<tuffty/>

Ok so im going to be polite because I have read some of you're advice and am great full to everyone who posts useful information but I had this page saved because on page 1 it has advice regarding the wellycooler I was not trying to hijack anything .
Im just asking advice and posted where I thought I should is it the end of the world I highly doubt it.
I am not interested in snobbery if you do not want to help that is fine maybe someone else could although the time you spent writing that comment you could have probably helped.

Sam Tuffty is a guru of our cars and my thread started with the Intercooler and went on to all sorts which is probs why he mentioned that. Some will remember I even had to give it a new title.

Saying that buddy I don’t mind ask away the thread is open and isn’t a personal build thread, more a repair thread

Ask away and let’s hope everyone can chip in and help get your car flying again.

No hard feelings guys let’s all help as I know the guys on this thread have been extremely helpful to me and us less knowledgeable chaps really appreciate the help.

Maybe we should all post on one thread, I have some window rust bubbles on my TT near the rear quarter light :D

It's not being rude Sam you'll get the most help with a thread linked to your own issues.

Reactions: hydro s3
Ok so im going to be polite because I have read some of you're advice and am great full to everyone who posts useful information but I had this page saved because on page 1 it has advice regarding the wellycooler I was not trying to hijack anything .
Im just asking advice and posted where I thought I should is it the end of the world I highly doubt it.
I am not interested in snobbery if you do not want to help that is fine maybe someone else could although the time you spent writing that comment you could have probably helped.

Wind your neck in dude... fine... I except that when this thread first started it was focused on the intercooler but has since evolved and been renamed since so that Imz can post about his other problems and turn it into a general thread about his car...

Anyway... If Imz is happy enough to help then thats fine but be mindful that this is his thread... asking for advice is fine... derailing off to a tangent about your own woes is not...

<tuffty/>

Reactions: hydro s3
First of all you do not know me Tuffy so do not talk to me like you do and secondly who are you to tell me what to do loool you're acting like a bit of a knob tbh grow up. So what if I posted it on this thread is this not an Audi forum to ask questions advice why does it matter if I ask here or on another thread.

If I know the answer to a question than I would help anyone if I could regardless of where they asked.
I thought this was the right place and was not intentional to hijack a thread as you confirmed this started as a wellycooler thread my point exactly which is what I asked advice about like I said help is welcome otherwise well you can fill in the blanks just because you have more knowledge than others does not give you the right to tell people what to do . if imz had a problem he is really the only one within his right to say something instead he seems like a nice guy and not bothered at all the only one that seems bothered is you ironically.

First of all you do not know me Tuffy so do not talk to me like you do and secondly who are you to tell me what to do loool you're acting like a bit of a knob tbh grow up. So what if I posted it on this thread is this not an Audi forum to ask questions advice why does it matter if I ask here or on another thread.

If I know the answer to a question than I would help anyone if I could regardless of where they asked.
I thought this was the right place and was not intentional to hijack a thread as you confirmed this started as a wellycooler thread my point exactly which is what I asked advice about like I said help is welcome otherwise well you can fill in the blanks just because you have more knowledge than others does not give you the right to tell people what to do . if imz had a problem he is really the only one within his right to say something instead he seems like a nice guy and not bothered at all the only one that seems bothered is you ironically.

Take your attitude and do one.
Good luck with the fault ‘loool

I'm acting like a knob?...

Firstly I was 'asking' not 'telling' you to start your own thread for your 'own' problem as thats what a moderator does on a forum...

Its not good forum etiquette to post in a way that could potentially take ownership of the discussion away from the original poster's thread... while I concede its a similar subject from the initial post you have posted extra detail that could lead to a potential thread hi-jack...

I am not here to lay down the law unless it breaks forum rules but you need to calm down... this discussion is now over...

Should your attitude persist though I am 'telling' you I will ban you from the forum so please lets draw a line under this and move on

<tuffty/>

Sam not cool dude, by setting up your own thread about the issue helps others with similar problems.... name it so it’s easy to search for as well. Then you’ll get a much better response. By posting in Imz thread which is general about his car, it doesn’t help anyone and then this happens.

Tuffty is well known and extremely helpful, many if not all of us have a lot of time and respect for the man. You’ve kind of shot yourself in the foot.....

My advice would be to apologise to those who need to be, start up your own thread.

Reactions: Tj 0785
I am not going to carry on with discussion after this post I have said what I wanted and that is that end of and have moved on since then no regrets.
I have explained why I posted it here already above so will re frame from repeating myself.I am getting it checked by professionals regardless just and take it from there I have no doubt that you all respect him and that he is knowledgeable and help full when he chooses I have said nothing to contradict that.

You should read the stickies and then maybe you wouldn't be so rude to @Tuffty prob the most knowledgeable person on here for are cars. Wind your attitude in,start a new thread with your problem on it and people will help with it.

I am not going to carry on with discussion after this post I have said what I wanted and that is that end of and have moved on since then no regrets.
I have explained why I posted it here already above so will re frame from repeating myself.I am getting it checked by professionals regardless just and take it from there I have no doubt that you all respect him and that he is knowledgeable and help full when he chooses I have said nothing to contradict that.

This isn't a clique buddy, its forum etiquette. Wherever you go you will be asked to start your own thread for a very specific individual issue. Then people will see your problem in the title. But i do recognise that sometimes when people are new to forums they don't feel confident enough to start their own threads. Pretty sure others would have been tempted to mention it to you, but it is sometimes better to leave it to a moderator for this exact reason.
Best of luck at the tuners.

This really has hyjacked the build and mod thread now.... :D