My Audi so far

Matt10160

Hi Guys! I've been a member on here for a while now and have never got round to making a build thread!

so here goes!

i bought the car 2 years ago bogo standard! 86,000 on the clock, ex audi fleet car fash etc etc cambelt+water pump done at 86,000
535378_10151524531439369_192453_n.jpg

sourced a set of RS4 reps (they werent great tbh!) but came with fairly decent tyres, and a 2" increase sprayed the BMW graphite grey
249162_10151658429369369_134833218_n.jpg

also you'll notice the Lamin-x and black bumper strips! this car has had a few looks lol

sadly i had a slight bump which ruined the original grill, thankfully the bumper was ok, managed to find an FK automotive grill for pennies, gave it a shot and i must say its not actually a bad grill
1017601_10151730281689369_902822893_n.jpg

3680_10151730281294369_921356250_n.jpg

found some audi A6 stainless s line exhaust tips to replace the grotty pointy down ones
image (3).jpg

added the normal boot lip spoiler
941078_10151658429624369_1472064691_n.jpg

then a few months of quiet motoring passed, i got bored and bought some mercedes brabus reps, 9.5j fronts 10 on the rears, also grabbed a seat leon cupra r splitter
image (5).jpg
image (4).jpg

now after this happened life cropped its head up, i was forced to leave my home by an unfair landlord, so 8 months of saving, 1 wedding and 1 house bought i got back to the modding!

at 96,000 replaced both rear wheel bearings, did a full service and had to replace the brake switch after an intermittent cruise control problem!

Now, a few weeks ago I saw a set of genuine Audi calito's (18" 2piece BBS splits) with 4 good Bridgeston potenza's for a very good price! so they got bought!
image.jpg

Converted the sidelights and number plate lights to LED's
image (1).jpg
IMG_1007.JPG

and the best bit! no errors!

image (2).jpg

Also converted all the interior lights to LED's which i must say is much nicer, cant really get a good picture of this
IMG_1003.JPG
IMG_1004.JPG
IMG_1006.JPG

finally the mrs bought me a pattern DTM spoler which again, I cant really complain about quality! wrapped i 3d carbon fibre vinyl
IMG_1002.JPG

Wrapped the trim below the boot lid too!

and thats it for now! ordering some JOM coilover in february hopefully, other than that i dont have much more planned! sitting at 99,500 miles now and have had no problems (touch wood) in the 2 years of owning her!

SDHA4SLine

Very nice indeed, although i would have that spoiler colour coded. That personal choice aside good work mate :thumbs up:

Matt10160

Very simple tbh its possibly the easiest thing i did, footwells and doors are 501's, main 2 at the front are 42mm festoons and the 4 map lights are BA9s bulbs! Looks much better in person and much nicer than the standard yellow bulbs

SDHA4SLine

For interior lights, I know nothing about this stuff but heard it mentioned on other threads for led's to stop any errors. I found a link on Internet showing some of them with canbus built in for wiring harnesses with canbus. I have absolutely no idea what canbus is :jester:

Matt10160

Canbus compatable is basically a built in resistor, most of the time they're hopeless though!

None of the interior bulbs are canbus fyi

Matt10160

Seems to be pretty much right, the canbus system is basically the bulb out warning system on the car

SDHA4SLine

Canbus compatable is basically a built in resistor, most of the time they're hopeless though!

None of the interior bulbs are canbus fyi
Ok makes things easier thanks.

Anyone know which make are best/reliable/brightness/white light rather than blue (regardless of cost)?

think about some spacers for the back as your wheels are too far inside and the car don't look good ....

ET29

63a439607bd308eba954590af2d4136b.jpg

Matt10160

image.jpg
Better photo of how it sits, i think the drop is somewhere between 45-55mm but i forgot to measure before i took the standard springs off, ride is harder but not really compromised, corners are much easier to take and not much body movement and braking/accelerating is much more responsive!

I must say first opinions are very good for these! I was expecting a broken back!

Matt10160

Took out the silver interior trims today and wrapped them in csrbon fibre, also wrapped the ashtray and gearstick surround!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Much better in my opinion and relatively easy! And for the purists... We cant all afford real carbon so its the next best thing!

JUST REMOVE IT again and do the carbon again ... this time try to match the narrow :) otherwise is not that bad :)

Matt10160

3M 5D wrap, was very easy to use! Only part where the weeve doesnt follow is the ashtray lid, but ran out of wrap so made do!

Matt10160

Yesterday i changed the headlight bulbs from halogens to 6000k H.I.D Xenons and im quite impressed, nice whitey blue colour and very easy to fit,
image.jpg
image.jpg

Driving at night the difference is phenomenal... First time owning hid xenons and cant believe the difference!

Matt10160

Not much of an update really, normal day to day running, gave her a clean today and wrapped the rear valance in 3d carbon which i think finishes the back wuite nicely and keeps things simple!

Pics below

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 157

David Withers

Yes thanks, did a bit of research.
I have a sidelight out so I've just ordered canbus free LEDS, need smaller hands with the hassle I just went through to get the old one out.
:)