My APR Stage 2+ s3

RS03UGO

Reaction score
1st thing I'll say is this forum is superb, a good way of forgetting about time. Anyway.....
Had my s3 now around 6 months. Loving it so much. 2008 preface lift.
Currently running stage 2+ apr software after fitting apr fuel pump, forge Twintercooler, forge twin take and a apr down pipe and the revo pcv revamp .Goes so well. Had a e46 m3 before and this gives me more of a smile and blood rush.
Fitting a devilsown 30 progressive water and meth kit next week then sending my turbo away in the new year to alex down at turbo dynamics to have a full rebuild to the spec of a mdx507. Aiming for around 400-420bhp once it's been live mapped with the meth :)
I'll keep you posted

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    614.8 KB · Views: 319
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 412
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 359
Reactions: grchmason
Glad you're enjoying it.

Obviously mapping it to the WMI means pushing timing,and most of us don't specifically map the car for that,but use the cooling properties instead.

The maximum rated spec of the MDX507 is around 400bhp,and will mean it's pretty much maxed out to do so....had you considered one of TTE's hybrids,or an APR GTX2867 kit instead,both of which would give you more.

Alex,
Thanks for the reply.
I'm just trying to keep the cost down at the minute to be honest. They have offered me a good price to have my turbo rebuilt and changed to the above. For the turbos you mentioned, you will be looking at big bucks right?
I understand you run a high powered s3. Could you recommend anyone that could do the live map for me once meth and turbo are fitted?
Cheers

Reactions: S3Alex
Nice, I too came from an e46 M3. Very different car. Mines only stage 2 ATM but feels as fast as the m3. Only thing I do miss about the BM is the drama you get when you boot it.

Obviously the audi is newer but do you think it feels better bolted together if that makes sense?

Alex,
Thanks for the reply.
I'm just trying to keep the cost down at the minute to be honest. They have offered me a good price to have my turbo rebuilt and changed to the above. For the turbos you mentioned, you will be looking at big bucks right?
I understand you run a high powered s3. Could you recommend anyone that could do the live map for me once meth and turbo are fitted?
Cheers

As above,the TTE420 isn't terribly expensive,and can be rebuilt from your existing one.

For custom mapping,contact Rick @ Unicorn,he's a site sponsor.

Mine runs Revo Stg4 software currently,but that may change once I get around to a bigger turbo,and get the extra fuel rail and injectors hooked up,as that will be a step beyond the current software,and Rick I think will be my choice for that lot.

Reactions: RS03UGO
Everything posted here is correct.
TTE420 price isn't that expensive especially when you have your old turbo rebuilt. The TTE420 numbers with water methanol injection looks very promising!

Regarding the tuning I would go with what Alex said, and I personally do highly recommend Rick@unicorn from my experience

You will need an RS4 fuel pressure valve too.

Get it custom mapped too, recently had mine at R Tech after previously having an underperforming 'off the shelf map'.

If you are DSG they also have a very nice map which I can testify too but it can also be custom mapped, shift points etc.

Not updated anything for a while on here. Iv done a few things over the past few weeks.
I'm booked into R-tech on the 17th for a live map for my WMI so looking forward to that.
Ended up going for the devilsown progressive 30 kit and mounted the tank in the boot. Time consuming but very happy with the end result.
Decided to upgrade to the Airtec stage 2 cooler to try and keep the temps down as much as possible which should work well alongside the WMI.
After reading Doogies thread I think I'm gonna be contacting simon for a TTE420 hybrid in the coming few weeks. I'm looking forward to seing what power is achievable with stage 2+ & WMI.
Ended up changing my wheels too as I wasn't happy with the ED35's I purchased. Went with BBS CH's and think they suit the car alot better. Few pictures below.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    611.9 KB · Views: 269
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    541.9 KB · Views: 231
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 260
Reactions: Mario8P and S3Alex
WMI does make a lot of sense,especially if you're going down the hybrid or big turbo route.

It's so easy to get and use these kits now,and none of the hassle that used to surround them

Airtec is a very decent intercooler,without the hassle of custom builds.

You'll enjoy the results.

Look what the postman brought today :)
Sachs Stage 2 Clutch kit getting fitted on Monday in time for my live Map.
Would like to thank pat at LVS Racing for the superb service and fast delivery, would highly recommend.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    830.5 KB · Views: 226