my A3 built in week 25, still waiting...

smbAudi

Reaction score
all, my first A3 1.9TDIe Sport 3dr was scheduled for build in week 25 and in fact it was confirmed to me that it was built on the tuesday of that week. However I'm being told that the dialogue still shows awaiting shipment getting on for 2 weeks later...

has anybody else had this sort of delay when factory ordering? I know they will probably have scheduled shipments but with the amount of cars being produced surely there would be a weekly shipment to the UK?

Yep, sounds like my own recent experience. Built first week of June, took delivery 26 June. Quite a gap between build and arrival in Blighty, transport, PDI, etc.

yeah seems that way, so if they have a two weekly shipment then I'm unfortunate to have missed it by a few days!! sods law!

my salesman seemed to have interpreted it was going to arrive shortly as he expected it to be handed over during his two weeks holiday. He's already had one week off and I can't see it arriving next week at this rate allowing for PDI and prep...

hey ho, good things come to those who wait I guess... ;)

had a call this morning to say it has arrived on british soil, estimated collection is earliest monday but more likely tuesday or wednesday next week!! get in!!

Allowing for delivery to to dealer, PDI and prep...better get me Audi insurance qoute then for my complimentary 7 days!!