My 2016 S3

DAC350

Reaction score
Just wanted to post some pics. It's been about 2 weeks since I bought it, loving every minute!

2016 Monsoon Gray S3 Prestige with Black Optics and SS Seats

Reactions: Gav93_S3, Bristle Hound, Muttley75 and 10 others
Finally a 2016 S3 post.

Heck when you get the chance check and see if your S3 has headlamp washers. I know the '15 S3 did, and the '15 A3 didn't. I wonder if the 2016 model still has it on the S3 or did Audi USA say no to it.

Wonderful!
Congrats!
Can you post few pics of the interiors?

Just wanted to post some pics. It's been about 2 weeks since I bought it, loving every minute!

2016 Monsoon Gray S3 Prestige with Black Optics and SS Seats

Cracking looking saloon you got there, very nice pics too ;)

Loving that Monsoon Grey colour :sunglasses:

Cracking car, congrats

Added some interior pics.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Finally a 2016 S3 post.

Heck when you get the chance check and see if your S3 has headlamp washers. I know the '15 S3 did, and the '15 A3 didn't. I wonder if the 2016 model still has it on the S3 or did Audi USA say no to it.

Can confirm it does have headlamp washers.

Looks amazing, I think the black styling pack really works with the grey. I love those alloy wheels, beautiful design :)

I am in Dublin also.....but......

My steering wheel is on the right side! ;)

RS4 alloys make it look very different imho, they standard / option for MY16?

TX.

PS How do you tell what the MY is as ours was reg'd 31 Jul 2015 ...

Steering wheel might be on the 'wrong' side but look at that snazzy footrest!!

Still can't believe we got stiffed on our RHD cars ..............I know it's only a small detail in the grand scheme of things but it p1sses me right off to be honest!!

Reactions: Rob2k68
Steering wheel might be on the 'wrong' side but look at that snazzy footrest!!

Still can't believe we got stiffed on our RHD cars ..............I know it's only a small detail in the grand scheme of things but it p1sses me right off to be honest!!
Finally one thing US 8Vs have over the UK 8V. :wink:

I'm either being really stupid or missing somthing very obvious.. It has been a long day.

Why is it listed as a 2016 car when it's bought, registered and used in 2015?

Reactions: s3_trev
I'm either being really stupid or missing somthing very obvious.. It has been a long day.

Why is it listed as a 2016 car when it's bought, registered and used in 2015?

Dude I was thinking the exact same thing! Makes no sense does it? In fact I was just about to make a post asking how he got it into the time machine!!

Nice car btw!

I know but trust me it's MY16, I work for GM and it just how they do things! Everything is months in advance, we are building MY16 vehicles now. Some of the cars we have been building for the last two-three months haven't even been released to the showrooms yet (new model).

Hence why you should always order with a few options to suit you, even if it's just a very strange one so that you know you are getting a factory build and not one that's been sitting in a compound for 6 months!

In the West, usually around July and on, new cars manufactured at that point usually are for the following year.

For example, I ordered my A3 back in July in 2014 for a 2015 A3. There was no 2014 A3 for US. The car launched in US as a 2015 A3 model. So you could have ordered in March of 2014 and got a early 2015 A3.
Now if you get an A3/S3 new, it will be a 2016 model.

Same as your 2016 A4s that launch in Europe will be the new B9s.

The 2016 A4s here in America are still be the B8s. It will be the 2017 A4s that come out next year that will be the all new B9.

Last edited:
RS4 alloys make it look very different imho, they standard / option for MY16?

TX.

PS How do you tell what the MY is as ours was reg'd 31 Jul 2015 ...

MY2016 had an interior mirror change, so if yours looks like mine then it's a 2016.
b2618c53f09d3a4f3e8d112852f817ef.jpg

Also paddles were too changed and something else I can't remember.

interior looks stuning.

Super sports seats make such a massive difference.

Love the black edition too - not a fan of chrome.

Superb car inside & out.

I know but trust me it's MY16, I work for GM and it just how they do things! Everything is months in advance, we are building MY16 vehicles now. Some of the cars we have been building for the last two-three months haven't even been released to the showrooms yet (new model).

Hence why you should always order with a few options to suit you, even if it's just a very strange one so that you know you are getting a factory build and not one that's been sitting in a compound for 6 months!

Hi all

I am about to order my A3 Limousine. The salesman offered me a special discount for the car (~16%) for the order placed till the end on next week.
He told me, that my car will be MY2016, but year of production still 2015. I wonder if I receive a car built from the scratch or something "pre-build" in the past and then re-adjusted to my needs, to my order details. I would like to avoid buying a car which has been - as you typed - sitting in a compound for 6 months. What do you think?

BR,
Tom

Stunning looking motor - Congratulations !!!

The 5-V spoke alloys really suit the saloon.

Hi all

I am about to order my A3 Limousine. The salesman offered me a special discount for the car (~16%) for the order placed till the end on next week.
He told me, that my car will be MY2016, but year of production still 2015. I wonder if I receive a car built from the scratch or something "pre-build" in the past and then re-adjusted to my needs, to my order details. I would like to avoid buying a car which has been - as you typed - sitting in a compound for 6 months. What do you think?

BR,
Tom
It maybe a stock car with such a large discount or its been built and on it's way to the dealership just ask the waiting time period should tell you

It maybe a stock car with such a large discount or its been built and on it's way to the dealership just ask the waiting time period should tell you

Thanks for replying.
Car is expected to be delivered in the end of January 2016.

Thanks for replying.
Car is expected to be delivered in the end of January 2016.
Sounds like a build already in the system that theyhave jumped on to and specced the car to your on specific options

Sounds like a build already in the system that theyhave jumped on to and specced the car to your on specific options

I have no clue how production looks like. Just want to avoid this:
even if it's just a very strange one so that you know you are getting a factory build and not one that's been sitting in a compound for 6 months!

Would be great to have a car build from the scratch when my order is placed, not the one which needs to be somehow readjusted to me spec.

FYI my RS3 was a cancelled order which was just altered to my Spec. Exactly the same as a car built from scratch albeit you just get it quicker as it is already in the queue as it were.

TX.

Reactions: Jassyo06
I'm keen to know what the Prestige spec is? Stateside get very different configurations, just curious!