MSS kit

jaysrs4

Reaction score
Just after some info on this kit if anyone’s got any knowledge or running them please.

I’d just like to know the lowering rates for them please. How low does the front and rear go? I can’t seem to find the info on the website.

Many thanks.

This is the standard drop but they are fully adjustable so will go lower.

TX.
e3c319ab68bb3b292963717574046ce1.jpg
cb7500699938a2372a73e04d7901a494.jpg

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gray14 and dp_motley
Thanks buddy, looks great. What we saying 30mm max you reckon?

Ive just bought some 20’s and need the stance perfect. Most springs alone are 25 or 30mm front with 20mm rear, obviously that gives forward rake and it’s not the look I want. 25mm or 30mm all round may be where I need to be.

I don’t really want to go coilovers if I’m honest. I’m trying to make it reasonably easy to put back to standard.

On a Sedan yiur max drop up ftont once springs are settled is up to 20mm for the sports version. I understand that the track springs will drop to 30mm.

What drop could one expect with the streets version on a 8V platform? Can the front MSS be adjusted lower than Eibach Pro? I have the rear MSS Streets Kit that I used on my 8PA (R32/TT version) and I want to put them on my newly ordered 8VF Limited soon after I collect it. But I need a set of springs for the front too and I'm wondering what to choose: MSS front springs or two front springs from the Pro kit which was the same setup I had on my 8PA?

I'm sorry for asking in the wrong section but I think the end drop is the same for an A3, S3 and RS3 and it depends more on the springs version than on the car model.

On a Sedan yiur max drop up ftont once springs are settled is up to 20mm for the sports version. I understand that the track springs will drop to 30mm.
Thanks for this info mate. Is that 30mm all round or just 30 front?

Reasons for going for the MSS kit withstanding I wouldn’t waste your money, just go for a set of H&R lowering springs. I have the MSS track kit, it is as it’s lowest setting and would be no different to a set of H&R springs. I’ve never adjusted mine and doubt I ever will so what’s the big selling point for the kit? I’ve also had H&Rs on other Audi’s And they are comfortable.

Other manufacturers have also caught up with the whole adjustable spring kit game and are likely to be cheaper, MSS are also based and manufacturered by Eibach technology which also do an adjustable kit I believe

I've been in an RS3 with h&r springs and the ride is nowhere near as comfortable as stock which is what the MSS KIT offers. I've also heard from a number of others that complained about ride quality in RS3 with H&R. However I'm not sure how the ride compares with the track kit.

There is no doubt that the MSS SPORTS kit offers good handling and OEM ride quality. Whether it's worth the money is debatable when KW offer a similar set up for less.

I've been in an RS3 with h&r springs and the ride is nowhere near as comfortable as stock which is what the MSS KIT offers. I've also heard from a number of others that complained about ride quality in RS3 with H&R. However I'm not sure how the ride compares with the track kit.

There is no doubt that the MSS SPORTS kit offers good handling and OEM ride quality. Whether it's worth the money is debatable when KW offer a similar set up for less.
I've had the H&R previously on the rs3. It's was terrible so switched over to MSS after reading numerous good reviews here .

The difference between the 2 is day/night.

Current - 2018 RS3 Sedan
Past - 2016 RS3 SB

Reactions: IDontLikeSpeedCameras and dp_motley
Reasons for going for the MSS kit withstanding I wouldn’t waste your money, just go for a set of H&R lowering springs. I have the MSS track kit, it is as it’s lowest setting and would be no different to a set of H&R springs. I’ve never adjusted mine and doubt I ever will so what’s the big selling point for the kit? I’ve also had H&Rs on other Audi’s And they are comfortable.

Other manufacturers have also caught up with the whole adjustable spring kit game and are likely to be cheaper, MSS are also based and manufacturered by Eibach technology which also do an adjustable kit I believe

I totally get that too. I also don’t want it really crashy either. These VWR springs seem to be getting a good write up.

What I don’t want it loads of front rake, I like the car to sit level or just a touch to the front. My old R32 was on Eibach’s and there was next to no arch gap up front with about 10mm at the rear, it really annoyed me.

These VWR springs say 30mm front and rear, so I think I may give them a try. Rims are going on tomorrow so I can see what I’m dealing with.

I've had the H&R previously on the rs3. It's was terrible so switched over to MSS after reading numerous good reviews here .

The difference between the 2 is day/night.

Current - 2018 RS3 Sedan
Past - 2016 RS3 SB

Is the difference really that noticeable? I ask as I have the H&R with mag ride. I’ve also had the mag ride recalibrated, it made a huge difference, however I’ll freely admit the ride is still very firm.

I’m now looking at the mss, I want the nice drop but with close to OEM ride quality.

Is the difference really that noticeable? I ask as I have the H&R with mag ride. I’ve also had the mag ride recalibrated, it made a huge difference, however I’ll freely admit the ride is still very firm.

I’m now looking at the mss, I want the nice drop but with close to OEM ride quality.

If you go for the sports version you will have OEM ride quality but not the drop you get on the H&r. The track version of the springs will be harsher ride.

The problem with lowering is that you are reducing your suspension travel and as it is, the shocks don’t have a lot of travel. The more you lower the more frequently yiu will use your bump stops as the suspension bottoms out. The only way to get around this is with a good set of coilovers.

Reactions: VAG_Club001, teslaboy, jaysrs4 and 1 other person
If you go for the sports version you will have OEM ride quality but not the drop you get on the H&r. The track version of the springs will be harsher ride.

The problem with lowering is that you are reducing your suspension travel and as it is, the shocks don’t have a lot of travel. The more you lower the more frequently yiu will use your bump stops as the suspension bottoms out. The only way to get around this is with a good set of coilovers.

How about just a change to Eibach Sportlines springs, similar drop but more comfort than H&R ?

Just seen on Instagram that Tom wrigley doing a special offer on street/sport kit for £400 + vat and track pack for £500 + vat. I can’t remember exactly but I think I paid £650

Last edited:
Reactions: And1

Hi mate,
The ride height on the H&R is just perfect in my opinion, hence went with them in the first place. But they ride rough and even in comfort they are firm.

Regarding the MSS springs, I have had both track and sports. The only real difference is the additional drop on the track springs. Ride quality is the same.

My track springs were noisy so MSS sent me a replacement set of sports springs. Ride quality is the same. But the sports don't sit low enough.

Photo of my car on front sports springs. Hope that helps.

Cheers
bb3b1dc98eb34b572f6ce86766d475d5.jpg

Current - 2018 RS3 Sedan
Past - 2016 RS3 SB

Reactions: seventeenapg, DW81, AshRS3sportback and 3 others
Hi Sean,
Gonna get MSS sports fitted in a few weeks by professional installer. Just so I am clear, the photo you kindly provided is of your car with MSS sports springs set at default height? Also, how much of a ride height reduction do you have from the stock springs? My main reason for changing is to lower height bad not change ride quality.
Thanks for the info and your car looks the business!!!

Hi mate,
The ride height on the H&R is just perfect in my opinion, hence went with them in the first place. But they ride rough and even in comfort they are firm.

Regarding the MSS springs, I have had both track and sports. The only real difference is the additional drop on the track springs. Ride quality is the same.

My track springs were noisy so MSS sent me a replacement set of sports springs. Ride quality is the same. But the sports don't sit low enough.

Cheers

Current - 2018 RS3 Sedan
Past - 2016 RS3 SB
Hi mate,

Cheers

Current - 2018 RS3 Sedan
Past - 2016 RS3 SB

Hi Sean,
Gonna get MSS sports fitted in a few weeks by professional installer. Just so I am clear, the photo you kindly provided is of your car with MSS sports springs set at default height? Also, how much of a ride height reduction do you have from the stock springs? My main reason for changing is to lower height bad not change ride quality.
Thanks for the info and your car looks the business!!!
Hi, sorry just saw your post.
I've always had the front springs maxed out on their lowest setting. The rears are adjusted to match the front.

So dial the front down as low as they go. It's still a mild drop in my opinion. I'd like it sitting lower but that's not achievable

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: seventeenapg
D4-FE70-CA-21-EA-4-BC1-A284-302-B3-F1-B5529.jpg

For those interested in the MSS kit, here a picture Pre FL with the MSS track kit. The front is lowered as far as the set allows. Front en could probably use 6mm (1/4”) lower. Ride quality is still very good a d handles better than the stock springs.

Reactions: SJGS3 and seventeenapg