mpg

poz1.8t

Reaction score
evening guys....

i have an a3 1.8t (agu) with a remap, what kind of mpg should i be getting??

thanks

No idea but i know mine ent right its drinking it. Think it needs a service & a MAF sensor :(

yeah same here!! i have replaced the maf... think i might have a vac leak somewhere which is poss making it overfuel.... driving me isane though!!

Well this is the first turbo ive owned & people have said its because its a turbo & quattro its heavy on the juice but boy its drinking it :(

my 1.8t isnt doing that much better than my S4 was

My AGU gets me about 30-32 mpg on the way to work with a light foot. That's not remapped. Had a A3 quattro with a remap and K03s and that got me about 20mpg but then I used to drive it harder and fuel was cheaper!

Also the Aircon on these cars reduces the MPG quite a bit when it's on, so as it's summer I would suggest that doesn't help.

Also as said, A bad maf and boost leak with reduce the mpg.

I would say make sure the car has no leaks, or modifications after the map i.e. downpipe etc, as you might have low AFR. and example of this would be my revo stage 1 was at best returning 25-30mpg on the motorway as I had other mods installed without another map, and having it mapped again now I see 40 mpg. much happier. hope this helps some how.

On a motorway or duel run my fuels pretty good. Its just round town its shocking.

I've plugged it in a code reader & all seems fine. But my mate did say my air temp coming in was a bit high 50 odd his Focus RS reads 15-25 ish :think:
Thats prob the MAF sensor then.

obviously if there are underlying problems it will make your mpg worse. My S3 isnt too bad on fuel providing you are feather light on the throttle, I get about 33 on a run and alot less around town. Iv managed to get over 40 mpg over 250miles on the dis but soon as you give it a hard sprint it ruins the consumption and brings it down to 30 lol. You lot are just driving too hard, also the cost of fuel makes it alot worse, and small journeys also really dont help.

depends. my agu on the motorway doing a steady 80mph (on speedo) gets me about 35-40mpg

around town if i change gear before turbo starts boosting hard then i get about 35mpg.

if im driving like a bit of a nob about 25-26mpg.

if im ragging everywhere about 21mpg

the MFA on these things are compulsive liars. you cant rely on it

I think its just the around town that lets the 1.8T down, motorway speeds there pretty good mpg but short journey's they are shocking.

I have an Aum 1.8t mapped, i see 28.1. Before it was mapped was geting around 32mpg. Both these driving pretty sensible majoirty of the time.