Most popular colour?

Whats your favourite colour for A3 Sportback S-line trim from these choices?

• Scuba Blue

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Monsoon Grey

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Daytona Grey

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • Ibis White

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Mythos Black

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Misano Red

Votes: 8 16.3%

• Total voters

cjr

Reaction score
Just wondering what everyones favourite colour is, any comments on practicality/cleanability(!) of these colours is welcome too. For me it would be 1. Daytona Grey, 2. Scuba Blue, 3. Ibis White.

Daytona I would argue is far easier to maintain than any of the others, monsoon likely very similar.

Reactions: Scottyg and pburv
Can't see glacier on your list so unfortunately none of the above. Lol

Reactions: Paulmichelle, batch, jaypers777 and 2 others
None of the above. Floret Silver is missing and probably the easiest to keep clean and looking great.

Reactions: Max-Robbo, Jassyo06 and pburv
None of the above. Floret Silver is missing and probably the easiest to keep clean and looking great.

Can see this being a fat lot of help to the OP....lol

Reactions: cjr, Scottyg, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
No all good, I'm looking to buy 2nd hand so I'm restricted to whatever auto trader throws up and the above seem to be the most common (apart from Daytona!)

Reactions: pburv and Simon L
Don't buy something that you are not 100% comfortable with. Just because it's those colours you see just now, others may come up. Don't simply settle for something.

Reactions: batch, cjr, pburv and 1 other person
Mythos black is a nightmare.

It's never clean, and stone chips and any light scratches or swirls show up like the Blackpool illuminations...

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06, cjr and 1 other person
Daytona I would argue is far easier to maintain than any of the others, monsoon likely very similar.

I've got Monsoon, and find it hides the dirt very well.

As mine is a Sport model, Daytona wasn't an available colour, unless I paid silly money to add it as an exclusive colour...no way!!

Daytona pearl pop is pretty nice :-

Reactions: Max-Robbo, pburv, h1r4 and 4 others
Daytona pearl pop is pretty nice :-
View attachment 90539

Yeah was getting plenty of that on mine yesterday after a good polish mate :)

Gotta say I'm pretty surprised that Daytona is getting such a landslide on the votes though, thought a lot of folks reckoned it was dull !!

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Yeah was getting plenty of that on mine yesterday after a good polish mate :)

Gotta say I'm pretty surprised that Daytona is getting such a landslide on the votes though, thought a lot of folks reckoned it was dull !!

It is. :blow::friends:

I prefer Scuba as a colour alone, love a deep blue, but bring in maintenance/practicality and Daytona takes it!

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and Simon L
I prefer Scuba as a colour alone, love a deep blue, but bring in maintenance/practicality and Daytona takes it!

Daytona's other benefit is its immunity to fashion trends, and it's ability to pull off being a bit 'bling' whilst still being very subtle and extremely conservative. A bit pearly metallic for people who like nice things, but don't want to shout about it. Handily, that's probably the lions share of prospective Audi buyers. Both new, and most importantly when you want to move it on, used. I imagine the market for Vegas yellow is probably very limited whilst with Daytona enjoys wider appeal raging from boy racers and 'gangsta's' to solicitors and accountants.

It's the equivalent of black granite worktops, oak floors, and magnolia walls. A bit boring, but still classy, says you might have a bit of disposable, but not shouty, and with wide appeal when you try and sell it.

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Flatcap, pburv and 3 others
Daytona's other benefit is its immunity to fashion trends, and it's ability to pull off being a bit 'bling' whilst still being very subtle and extremely conservative. A bit pearly metallic for people who like nice things, but don't want to shout about it. Handily, that's probably the lions share of prospective Audi buyers. Both new, and most importantly when you want to move it on, used. I imagine the market for Vegas yellow is probably very limited whilst with Daytona enjoys wider appeal raging from boy racers and 'gangsta's' to solicitors and accountants.

It's the equivalent of black granite worktops, oak floors, and magnolia walls. A bit boring, but still classy, says you might have a bit of disposable, but not shouty, and with wide appeal when you try and sell it.

Nicely put ;o)

..........yep I agree most of that......got the granite worktops too, but no oak floors like a nice deep pile carpet under me tootsies and prefer natural hessian over magnolia! lol

Reactions: Flatcap, Rob2k68 and pburv

Love the analysis of the grey demographic.

..........yep I agree most of that......got the granite worktops too, but no oak floors like a nice deep pile carpet under me tootsies and prefer natural hessian over magnolia! lol
Totally with you on the natural hessian - can't believe i'm having this discussion!

Reactions: Simon L
So in conclusion. Dull (grey) is the new black and Natural hessian is the new Magnolia.

Reactions: Simon L and Max-Robbo
So in conclusion. Dull (grey) is the new black and Natural hessian is the new Magnolia.

Ahem. Natural Hessian IS magnolia. Ever taken a range of testers home and found you really can't tell the difference? They're all ****** magnolia.

"Hint of", "Natural", "Cotton" "Hessian" (or other fabric of non man made material). All marketing words to watch out for that actually mean you're buying a tin of upmarket liquid beige.

Reactions: Max-Robbo
Totally with you on the natural hessian - can't believe i'm having this discussion!

......can't talk about cars all the time it's soooooooooo boring!! lol

@GSB............you need an eye test my friend ;)

Reactions: pburv