Mode Button

rdfcpete

Reaction score
Guys,

Retrofitted the RNS-E LED a while back now but never tested the 'Mode' FBMFSW button.
What should it do (if configured correctly)?

I've got an MY10 A3 Black Edition. After RFing the RNS, I didn't update anything in VCDS in all honesty, simply because everything I used before carried on working. This (aside the Aux in which I'm working on) is all that doesn't function.

Cheers
Pete.

Yup, it only does something if you have Bluetooth installed.

Send me a PM or click one of the links in my signature if you would like to get the Bluetooth in your car! :)

Guys,

Retrofitted the RNS-E LED a while back now but never tested the 'Mode' FBMFSW button.
What should it do (if configured correctly)?

I've got an MY10 A3 Black Edition. After RFing the RNS, I didn't update anything in VCDS in all honesty, simply because everything I used before carried on working. This (aside the Aux in which I'm working on) is all that doesn't function.

Cheers
Pete.

Yea it goes into my phone book when my phone is link shows the name and numbers in the centre display in the dials

The mode button switches between the current audio source, radio, cd, sd card, aux in etc & the phonebook synced via bt.

so should the mode button on the MFSW work regardless of having BT installed?

Just switches the dis/mfsw between phonebook & the current audio source the head unit is using.

Mine doesn't do anything. I have RNSe 193G and is correctly coded. I don't have BT.
When pusshed DIS shows "NO Function"

Exactly, no phone module fitted brings No Function message.