Mmmm..Black Wheel's...

kevlar

Reaction score
Hi all - well almost made the choice on a black s line at last! can anyone out up a pic of an a3/sline with black wheels?.

I love black wheels on cars - im just not sure if its right or not on the A3??

Over to you guys...

Thanks.

P1010012.jpg

Ah haa!! thats a good start - thinking about the standard s line wheels in black...unsure if this i a good move when i come to sell the car - would i really limit my sales audience?!

Id say your best off getting some aftermarket black wheels that you like. That way you can put the originals back on when you come to sell it.

Getting wheels reblasted and repainted is hardly expensive,so if you want to the paint the standard ones black,go for it.
I'd be around £50 per wheel each time,from a local company called Finesse coatings.
So £200 to get them done and £200 to change them back for resale.
Okay,they can't strictly match the exact silver that Audi use,but their bright silver finish is so close only the fussiest would notice.

Funny how coloured wheels have been used on bikes for years,but have never caught on with cars.

Had black wheels on my norfolk mustard elise - looked the nuts just dont want to do anything to chav like!!! to our car to detract from value!.

I would not buy after market wheels i would have my own re finished i would say.

Thanks for the reply though very helpful.