Facelift MMI problems with iPhone (iOS 11)

Carlos Andrés Mendoza

Reaction score
Greetings to everyone. I have just collected a new 218 A3 2.0 190 hp Sportback in what is called here (Peru) “Sport trim”. MMI Plus Radio, no navigation, no Apple CarPlay.

I have been having issues with MMI and my iPhone when plugged to the USB socket. Several times the media reproducion (media is in Apple Music app, downloaded to the phone) fails to start. Some other times reproduction starts in the very first song (sorted by name) but fails to changw to a playlist or to another song.

Finally, very often the first 5 or 6 seconds of the songs are not played, jumping directly to second 6 or 7.

Anyone having this sort of issues? Would love to hear!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had Apple CarPlay issues when using a non-genuined cable. Switched to a genuine Apple cable and all good now. Even if you have a genuine cable try swapping it.

I had Apple CarPlay issues when using a non-genuined cable. Switched to a genuine Apple cable and all good now. Even if you have a genuine cable try swapping it.

Thanks pal! i don’t have the CarPlay preparation in my A3, just the regular Audi Music Interfase based on USB. However, I am using a brand new original Apple cable, just out of the box!

Unfortunately the reason why Apple made carplay and Google made android auto is because buggy behaviour like that is common.

I think your are stuck with those issues which may come and go. You can always use Bluetooth. Also very obvious but turn the phone on and off if you have weirdness that may fix it.

Unfortunately the reason why Apple made carplay and Google made android auto is because buggy behaviour like that is common.

I think your are stuck with those issues which may come and go. You can always use Bluetooth. Also very obvious but turn the phone on and off if you have weirdness that may fix it.

Maybe returning the car and asking for a refund is an option. Here Audi is a luxury brand and for more than 30k you should get a perfectly working car...