MMI Media playback screen changes

Steelster

Reaction score
Morning everyone, quick question for those who listen to their music through the MMI (in my case bluetooth).

When I first picked up the car, I seem to remember my display (when in Media mode) showing the detailed track information, with a picture of the Album cover next to it on the right hand side. This wouldn't change at all, until the song was skipped or finished and the next one would replace it on but with the same format.

Now I notice that when I'm listening to the music the screen changes from this one I mention above, to a list of the songs in the playlist/shuffle list, and onto the individual song screen (shows the track title on its own) and then back to the first screen with the album cover.

Anyone noticed this? Is this normal? Am I freaking out like a weirdo for no reason?

Will try take some photos of the various screens it changes through and post them so my poor explanations seem less like nonsense.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
From memory - Move your controller to the right and select detailed info or whatever it's called.

Can't remember if you do this when radio or media is playing.

Reactions: Steelster
From memory - Move your controller to the right and select detailed info or whatever it's called.

Can't remember if you do this when radio or media is playing.
Yes I am pretty sure that's correct. Mine is set to that display option and always shows the album art. I am playing from SD card.

Yeah it is already selected on display detailed info. In my head it looks like the MMI believes I'm touching the scroll wheel or something. These are the screens it changes between and doesn't seem to have any logic in when it switches between them. It does predominantly stay on the album cover but sometimes I glance over and it's back to the list.

The songs are not the same I know, it was the only time I managed to be ready to take a photo safely!
IMG 5903

IMG 5904

IMG 5906

Yeah it is already selected on display detailed info. In my head it looks like the MMI believes I'm touching the scroll wheel or something. These are the screens it changes between and doesn't seem to have any logic in when it switches between them. It does predominantly stay on the album cover but sometimes I glance over and it's back to the list.

The songs are not the same I know, it was the only time I managed to be ready to take a photo safely!
View attachment 122497
View attachment 122498
View attachment 122499
Mine stays on the first screen pic unless I scroll using the wheel, when it goes to the list of tracks then reverts back to the first screen pic within a couple of seconds of selecting a track or if I do nothing.

Does the latest mmi display album art over Bluetooth as standard now? Not an option on my 2014 A3, but hoping my new S3 will do.

Sorry not wanting to hijack the thread!

Interesting... probably only iPhone though knowing my luck! I'm one of the few stubborn Windows Phone users that's left ha ha!
Possibly!

Been into the dealers today and he said he thinks it sounds like could be a fault rather than anything deliberate.

I've removed the pairing of my phone from bluetooth and reconnected so will see if that makes any difference if not will get it booked in. Obviously it isn't a big deal but that sort of thing really screws with my feng shui especially if it isn't meant to happen!

Reactions: SILVAF0XX
Possibly!

Been into the dealers today and he said he thinks it sounds like could be a fault rather than anything deliberate.

I've removed the pairing of my phone from bluetooth and reconnected so will see if that makes any difference if not will get it booked in. Obviously it isn't a big deal but that sort of thing really screws with my feng shui especially if it isn't meant to happen!

Have you tried an alternative phone??

Always good to eliminate the variables!