MMI Crashing, could it be because of the SD card?

Russboy

Reaction score
Apologies, wasn't sure if I should post in the I.C.E section or here in the B8 forum.

Last few days when playing music through either of the SD slots the whole thing crashes and reboots back to the Audi screen. Sometimes this has taken 10 mins and I have had to switch the car off, lock, unlock etc before it comes back to life. At times I have thought it was not going to come back at all if im honest.

I think it is only happening when using the SD card so I have taken that out, however when playing from the Jukebox I have noticed a few songs pausing for a second or two and then carrying on playing.

Radio seems to be fine.

Anyone ever had similar?

Cheers,

Russ

Not had a similar issue but only way to find out is by testing it without an SD card for a while. You can get files on SD cards which are corrupted or even the SD card itself which is corrupted. Generally speaking, normally when the files are corrupted the audio player will be able to recognise and handle this properly, but if the SD card itself is corrupted then that is more difficult for the connected device to recognise and that could result in lag and crashes.

Yeah I have tried it without the SD card and on the jukebox it is playing up as well, pausing on songs every now and then for a couple of seconds, never used to do that before.