Michelin Pilot Super Sport 4 S...

arad85

Reaction score
Had to have both front tyres replaced as part of an insurance job. Surprisingly, the Continentals that have been on from new are not yet released so I had to change tyres. Read some good stuff on the PS4S, so went for those, as well as a pair for the rear too. I remember (not that long ago) where I could shed a whole car for the £276 each tyre cost (265/30/20's). Oh well, at least the insurance paid for the front pair... until they hike my premium next year that is (at fault).

Given I had 5 minutes to make a decision, did I make the right decision? Anyone else with PS4S's on an S4/S5? (posted here as more people read this forum and the tyres are common).

Reactions: V6_Man
I have them on my s4, different league to anything else wet and dry.....you won't be disappointed

Reactions: ruairi83 and arad85
Good, good. Only driven them back from the repair shop so far so not had any chance to test them (plus they are brand spanking new so haven't lost the release compound yet).

@arad85, hope you are OK buddy. A colleague at work had them fitted on his TTS and he is happy with them. I personally have Michelin PS3s on my S4 so can't comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I switched from Conti's to PS4's and they are a much better tyre, awesome in the wet & dry .......you made the right choice

@Tashfeen, yeah, no problems - low speed impact, and will avoid overtaking someone turning right again (if you saw the video, you'd see why I did it). More worried of the increase in premiums next year, but let's see. Not only that, got to tax the car this month, so tax, insurance excess & 2 x PS4S's makes September an expensive month!!

Glad everyone has positive things to say about them

@Tashfeen, yeah, no problems - low speed impact, and will avoid overtaking someone turning right again (if you saw the video, you'd see why I did it). More worried of the increase in premiums next year, but let's see. Not only that, got to tax the car this month, so tax, insurance excess & 2 x PS4S's makes September an expensive month!!

Glad everyone has positive things to say about them

Glad to hear you Ok mate. Where's is the video, can't see any in this thread

Reactions: arad85
Hahaha. Re-read your above comment just now and realise what you meant

I have my wife as second driver on my insurance and she had a claim (no fault though) just before renewal and luckily the insurance didn't go up that much. I am sure you'll be OK .

This is my second claim in 5 years (previous was Aug 2014). In fact, I've only ever claimed twice in 35 years, both in the last 5 years....

I had Michelin PS on my B5 for years. When I need new tyres for my B8 they will be Michelin PS.

Having driven to/from work today, they are a shedload quieter than the Conti's they replaced.... Not had any recourse to try them out properly, but they feel fairly sure footed.