Meth kit info needed

Brad1011

Reaction score
So I ordered the aem meth kit but didn’t realise it was the non vacuum version for Na engines so I spoke to demon tweeks who emailed aem and they said the controller i have is fine for turbocharged engines aswell does anyone know these kits well ? It’s for cooling not more power as will be on a stock engine k04 and should I be running 50/50 ? Also where is the best place to put the solenoid ?
Many thanks
77628a7f44f38f42c4981c593e0cc57d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As close to the secondary nozzle as possible bud.

Reactions: Sandra
As close to the secondary nozzle as possible bud.

This is why this stuff confuses me, I would of thought it would of been before the 1st nozzle to immediately stop going to both ?

Don’t worry I get confused all the time! Basically because your 2nd nozzle is plumbed into your inlet manifold it’s constantly under vacuum, so it’ll draw meth when you don’t want it to. Solenoid will stop that from happening, the idea of having it as close as possible to the 2nd nozzle is so that it’s only that short length of pipe that has to be filled with meth when your requesting it, it minimises the delay to help with timing your request, and of course wastage.

Hope that makes sense

As for 50/50, this is the optimum ratio for cooling. I’d stick to that if I were you. I’ll be running 20/80 but that’s because I’m a crazy meth head and want alllllll the powers

@Brad1011 Will you be running a Dual Nozzle? Do the kits come with 2 nozzles? Mine only came with 1... But yes, usually as close to the nozzle as possible. No point having it near the reservoir because the line will be full of liquid anyways.

As for 50/50, this is the optimum ratio for cooling. I’d stick to that if I were you. I’ll be running 20/80 but that’s because I’m a crazy meth head and want alllllll the powers

I actually read different opinions/information/whatever people say. Some say that the higher meth content would decrease power as the air would be hotter (not as cool as when comparing when you have water in the system (because water is the cooling aspect)). I think it would be interesting to see results/dyno pulls with different water/meth ratios...

I bought the kit with 2 nozzles mate

I actually read different opinions/information/whatever people say. Some say that the higher meth content would decrease power as the air would be hotter (not as cool as when comparing when you have water in the system (because water is the cooling aspect)). I think it would be interesting to see results/dyno pulls with different water/meth ratios...

I think we will end up testing different ratios eventually to see, but general consensus is the more meth you use the more timing you get, the more timing you get the more power you get, also means you can run less boost which then means less heat.

Water plays it’s part, it does aid with cooling to a degree and increases compression slightly.

Only thing is the more meth you run the bigger the injectors you need than if you where running a 50/50 because you will need more meth to create the same amount of cooling effect as if you had with water.

My inlet manifold was ice cold after a hard run with 80%

Last edited:
f028753dd248e0b8d3e7e89b8ff22ab7.jpg

Doesn’t look pretty but it seems to do the job I’ll soon see on a boost leak test when it gets mapped, I can make it look nicer at a later date

Hmmmm yeah that should be post intercooler bud.

I’ve got one going in the inlet mani aswell or have I got it totally wrong ?

Its definitely in a different place than my two. Ive one on the throttle body and one after the intercooler.
I thought I'd sent you a picture of my one but I'll stick it up here aswell for anyone else.
Throttle body one:
20210501 152110

This one after intercooler:
20210501 152057

Oh so one just after map sensor then another in the inlet manifold.. my bad, I’ll get some new boost hoses I wanted to change them anyway

Reactions: hydro s3
Dont mean to hijack the thread but hows that creationsmotorsport throttle body spacer working for you? @hydro s3

I've read mixed reviews about it. Some people claim the threads are wonky or the way the injector sits it doesn't inject properly and evenly at times. Any problems? Am considering buying one and adding a second nozzle.

@S.Pellegrino the spacer needs a bit of machining to get the nozzle to sit right in the spacer. I believe if you don't the nozzle doesn't go down far enough and then the meth doesn't spray correctly. Bill sorted mine when he fitted it so can't say what all needed done.

I can confirm this is the case, I was going to use there spacer but didn’t in the end. When I trial tested my nozzles they all sat back and not flush which would have meant a poor spray pattern as Hydro mentioned.

Sooo I was intrigued with the creation motorsport throttle body spacer as I wanted to give it a try until I man up and put the injector direct into the manifold like I’ve been told by ash and it was 30 quid so thought I’d give it a go.. yes it doesn’t fit flush I think it’s down to the thread sizing anyway so I’ve got a 1/8 tap so I slowly screwed in back and forth first time for something like this and wallah
6911c52c52677293c0f7172684798187.jpg

Reactions: hydro s3 and S3AMJ
The hole seems to taper so it’s not in the thread at the top now but in the threads at the bottom doesnt spin and seems solid maybe with a abit of liquid loctite I don’t think it’s going anywhere...

Yeah that’s what I noticed about it as well, so the end of the nozzle is now flush with the inner surface? happy days. Loctite is a must

Sits just ever so slightly lower which I can’t see anything affecting it now, do you reckon I can run this upside down so the opposite to hydros, any downsides to that ?

Personally, I’d run it either at the top like marks or on the side. There is a chance of the water/meth pooling or creating large droplets if its run at the bottom, which you want to try and avoid if possible.

There are a few which run there nozzles upside down in the inlet manifold runners, but I think because it’s close to the combustion chamber it would suck everything in before it gets a chance to cling on anything.

You know what I was just thinking sideways whilst eating dinner that would sit perfect for me and the way it’s running don’t know why I thought it had to run like that, gunna get out there now and sort my mess out I caused the weekend

Reactions: S3AMJ