Reaction score
Hi,

I'm gonne do my maintenace.
I orderd al the things i need.
They gived me a fuel filter.
Do a petrol engine need a fuel filter?
Enyone tips four my maintance?

What do you mean by maintenance?.

Are you referring to a general service?. Might help if we knew what car your going to be carring this maintenance out on.

T

Where is itlocated? I orderd all the parts at a audi garage.

If its a 5 door model, the fuel filter is under the car by the rear RHS door. If its 3 doors, just imagine it has 5 doors and look in the same place.

Do you really think you should be doing it yourself!

Get yourself a Haynes manual.

Read how to do everything you need to do and if you think its a bit difficult for you then it most likely is. Please dont take any offence by that though, it just sounds like it might be worth doing a bit of research before starting to save any mis-haps.

T

I agree with the above.

You can't just pull the old fuel filter off and replace it, you'll spray lots of fuel around. Other tasks can be similarly dangerous.

Go to a pro, or do lots of research first.

I did mine myself'ish (ok with a little help), pretty straightforward, but if you dont know what you are doing, these are the types of things you cant 'just try' and fix.

You will find your Fuel filter on the drivers side at the back just before the wheel arch.
Its easy to do but if your not happy with it just pay someone to do it and save you hassle.
Also make sure you get the OEM Fuel filter as the copys are poop!

Hope this helps.