MAF packed in?

tdia4

TDIPOWARRR
Reaction score
Was going to be cleaning out my turbo vanes today but went to go out this morning and the car had no power at all, I can hear the turbo but the car goes nowhere at any RPM.

Anyway I returned home and cleaned the vanes, the actuator moves very freely, not sticking or anything, I then gave the MAF a clean with some contact cleaner.

Put it all back together and it is still the same....no power at all, I then ran the car with the MAF unplugged and it is just the same, would you say the MAF has packed in?

If you unplugged the maf and there was no change then I cannot see it being a maf fault. Get the car scanned see what fault codes appear

I doubt it could get any worse thats the thing, I have run the car with it unplugged before and it ran the same as it does now, just now when I plug it back in it stays the same instead of going back to normal power.

Bit of a update.

When car is stationary:

If i rev the engine with the MAF plugged in the car revs very slowly.

If I rev the engine with the MAF unplugged it does rev more freely.

When driving though there is no noticeable difference.

sounds like you need it scanned correctly m8, doesnt sound like maf is duff if its not or hardly different unplugged...

Been and got a new MAF for the car this morning and the power is back again.

So if your car does what mine did and there is no change when unplugging the MAF then it still could be the MAF.