Lowering springs for a 2.0tdi SE

mbb

Reaction score
Any recommendations for lowering springs for my 2.0Tdi saloon SE?

Got some 8x18 five spoke Ronal Alloys on the way and don't want the car to look like a tractor!!

Would the S line springs lower it much to fill the arches or could I go a bit lower without losing my sump on some of Berkshire's finest speed humps!!

Hi Damian,
I believe the S line is about 20mm lower than the SE. Problem I have is that my daughter lives in a road with those dreaded square speed humps so still need decent clearance. So looking at 30mm really. I have also read that some set ups leave the car front or rear heavy.

I can recommend @DPM. He supplied the Eibach 30mm lowering springs I used for my 3.0TDi SE. The A4 is already a nose heavy car. Fitting lowering springs shouldn't, of itself, change that. If you also want to reduce understeer (i.e. the front end running wide in corners), the easiest solution is to upgrade the rear anti-roll bar to the RS4 bar. Parts cost around £100 or so (search the forum and you'll soon find the part number list) and fitting is about the same if you're not doing it yourself (I didn't).

Also budget for a full four-wheel aligment when everythingt is back together.

Hi Damian,
I believe the S line is about 20mm lower than the SE. Problem I have is that my daughter lives in a road with those dreaded square speed humps so still need decent clearance. So looking at 30mm really. I have also read that some set ups leave the car front or rear heavy.

That's correct so are you looking for 30mm from standard or 30mm on top of what you already have?

Damian @ DPM Performance

I am still running standard SE springs so 30mm from that. Just so the 18's look right in the arches.

Here's a 3.0TDi SE, on Eibach 30mm lowering springs supplied by DPM, and eighteen-inch wheels. This should give you an idea of what yours will look like:

P1000428_zps49a677a3.jpg

P1000426_zps3e6c86d8.jpg

P1000427_zps01ca1c50.jpg

Reactions: mbb
Cheers jdp1962, that is just what I want.
Looks like i will be in touch soon Damian.

Thanks Folks

Reactions: DPM