lowering a3 2.0ltr tdi 8p question

nick_marsh

2004 2.0ltr tdi a3
Reaction score
am planning on lowering my a3 but i have some questions:

i have been told that if i lower my a3 by more than 30mm that i will need to change my anti-roll bars??

and just wondering wat other people have lowered there a3s by? eg used coilovers or just springs? and what makes people recomend

also when lowering do you need to buy uprated drop-links for the anti-roll bars?

any help would be great.

thanks nick

No that's not true. On the old A3's if you want past 45/50mm you had to change the front ARB but 30mm on the 8P will be fine.

If you're just wanting a 30mm drop then a good springs and shocks kit will be the better option and you won't need new drop links.

Damian @ DPM

i have fitted a eibach pro spring and damper kit to my car. It is a 2.0 tdi sportback.

There is no need for new drop links etc. Everything fits fine.

I have only dropped it by around 30mm but when i done it, i could see no problem with dropping it further.

The camber will change on your wheels, but only the rear is adjustable on the 8p.

hope this helps

have you got any pics of ur car lowered 30mm i fink i would like mine lower thinking 50mm on 18s maybe 19s? what size wheels are you running?

and i forgot to mention its a sport model. if it makes any difference??

i think possibly the sport has lower suspension to start with, so your drop wont be as big as the kit you buy states.

not sure by how much though.

i will have a look later and see if i can did some pictures up

I have a set of 30mm Eibach Pro Springs in box for 4WD 8P if anyone's interested, bought in error as mines 2WD these springs seem to be the springs of choice for fair few 8P's, I have some from Damian on mine & they look great