Lost spare key

musicegbdf

Reaction score
ok title says it .
Dealer replacement is around £230 for key and coding and will take up to three weeks.
Mobile guys around £120 and done on the spot .
Any reason not to use the mobile guys? Any recommendations in Essex ?
Tks

I lost my key also. Payed 150euros is Croatia for new one. Didn't go to dealership (too expensive). Key is working great

ok title says it .
Dealer replacement is around £230 for key and coding and will take up to three weeks.
Mobile guys around £120 and done on the spot .
Any reason not to use the mobile guys? Any recommendations in Essex ?
Tks
Sounds a bit cheap for a mobile guy to be honest and there are not many that can code keys for the MQB platform. That mobile price is less than the cost price of a genuine factory ordered key.

Unless a 3rd party uses a genuine key with the official VW Group service tool, once the 3rd party touches the immobiliser the dealerships and authorised 3rd parties will be locked out of any immobiliser functions.

Found a local master auto locksmith . They have a fairly big premises and been trading 20 years . They did it for £150 and took 20 mins .
From what I have since found on the web they can get the transponder code direct from other key and then code the new key accordingly .
Anyway done and both keys work fine . Was prepared to pay a little more to a company with premises in case I get any issues ( they also repair faulty keys apparently) .
I bet the lost key now appears !
Insurance only covers if we get locked out , etc .