Loss of Radio Signal when rear heated window turned on

peteoc

Reaction score
Hi All,

New here - I've purchased a 2nd hand motor and I have noticed that whenever I turn on the rear heated window the radio will lose it's signal. If I turn it off, the radio signal will return a few seconds later.

I know that bluetooth works without issue when it is turned on, not tried a call yet.

Anyone any ideas?

Most likely there is a short on the rear glass heater / antenna grid. The grid has the AM / FM / DAB integrated. Is the glass tinted aftermarket? That would be the first place to look.

Most likely there is a short on the rear glass heater / antenna grid. The grid has the AM / FM / DAB integrated. Is the glass tinted aftermarket? That would be the first place to look.
Hi,

Thanks - I'll see if I can see any damage etc. I would have expected the signal to come via the arial on the roof. The windows aren't tinted but as it's 2nd hand I cannot be sure if they haven't been tinted in the past.

Hi,

Thanks - I'll see if I can see any damage etc. I would have expected the signal to come via the arial on the roof. The windows aren't tinted but as it's 2nd hand I cannot be sure if they haven't been tinted in the past.

The shark fin contains antennas for phone, GPS and satellite radio if equipped. Terrestrial radio antennas are on the rear glass. If you have 3/5 door - there also may be a small grid on the left and right side luggage compartment glass.

We had this on the A6 and there was some known issue on the A6 which led to rear window being replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually rear glass as advised.

Do you have any usb adapters plugged in anywhere, although usually related to dab reception, but if so unplug these anyway.