loss of power (about 40bhp)

S3 chj

Reaction score
hi guys iv lost a lot of power in my audi a3 1.8ts, when i had it chiped last april it was 137 bhp before then it was 175 bhp after plus the clutch went on the rollers so i think it might of pulled more anyway, i had it on a rolling road 2 weeks ago and it only pulled 139 bhp which was shocking, my car dose seem to have lost a bit of power but was not expecting that much, so i have changed the fuel fillter, injectors,and maf which none have made much diff, my car has done a few miles its on 162k,

only other mods are forge 007, k&n panel filter and a new ss exhaust,
has anyone else had this sort of trouble before im going to post the graphs so you can see the power curves and try and shed some light on it, im realy lost on this one

this is my last rolling road

graph005.jpg

Hope you get down to the problem, sounds like you have already looked at some of the logical things. I have no idea but my first thought was are you sure the ECU hasnt been removed/replaced/reflashed (by a dealer or something) ???

does it pull smoothly all the way through to the redline with no missfires? Have your window down and listen carefully to the engine when you do it.. plus I presume it's been plugged into VAG-COM for errors?

did you have the car on the same rollers, when you had it remapped mate? Different rolling roads will produce diff results

did you have the car on the same rollers, when you had it remapped mate? Different rolling roads will produce diff results

That's a fair comment, but 139 bhp after a remap on anyones rollers is poor...

What does the car feel like when you drive it, bar showing low figures does it feel ok or does it feel like its holding back ?? ideally you should be seeing up by the 190bhp mark...

Get it on Vag-com mate and scan for any errors.

Failing that, you tried coil packs, Maf, N75 Valve?

I'd take it back to whoever mapped and and see if they can work it out if i were you?

J

my mate put it on his comp in vw and there were no engine faults, i do have a spare set of coil packs i will change them today, it seems to be holding back a bit but not 40bhp worth, i was thinking of taking it back to chiped uk in bromsgrove but it over a 2 hour drive

oh and it still boost on 12 psi hold on 10. think il try a n75 valve

right i changed the coil packs and checked the plugs 3 were fine 1 had a bit of oil on it could this be my problem?

what would cause oil to be on my plug?