Losing oil SORRY INO

dannyAshcroft89

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Sorry Ino its asked over and over but sometimes easier to ask!
Just a quick one, am I right in saying that usually audi s3 loses around a quarter of oil every 1000 miles because since I topped it up back to full I've decided to reset miles and test properly if its correct and not using too much!!?

There is no hard and fast rule over how much they use. My previous 08 S3 never used any, however my 59 S3 uses up to 1/2 litre every 1000 miles,and according to Audi that is normal. I feel it is too much though but at least the oil is always fresh lol

Reactions: dannyAshcroft89
Yeh true if always topping up!
At least its a piece off mind but still like you say doesn't seem right but if that's what they say that's what they say I suppose!
Thanks for reply, take it that's what they called the audi mystery then!!
Strange but none the less regarding this its still an awesome machine and a lot off fun, suppose doesn't help depending how its driven which is mostly with a heavy foot ;)

Yeah especially when your stage 2;)
I think its a problem that has affected a lot of 2.0 tfsi's, more so the A4!
I haven't even got round to a stage one yet I'm waiting to change fly wheel and clutch first, can't wait! Sure it will be a lot more fun than it already is :)
More to the point why I need to check to see how much oil I'm drinking so I know the changes!

Looking at my notes, yes I actually keep notes on my oil use, my car is using between 200 ml and at most 500 ml every 1000 miles. Depends on my driving though. A great fat 98% of my cars life must be spent on the 40 mph, 30 mph roads with a 20 second stretch of of 50 mph for fun! LOL
this is my daily work run over 9 miles.

Reactions: dannyAshcroft89
I can't figure out if mine is using too much. I've had a 2.0 TFSI engine before and that used a lot of oil however it was with the KO3 turbo. Had a full oil change on the S3 (5ltrs) 3k miles ago and since have had to top it up with 2ltrs. Safe to say it's an drinking the stuff like fuel. What's worrying me is its had a new block fitted due to the engine mount failing. Hope the high oil consumption it's nothing to do with that

Thats roughly the same as mine, maybe a little more. I worked mine out and it came to 0.4 ltrs per 1000km. Audi consider anything below 0.5 per 1000km normal

Suppose it can be down to how quick each person drives there s3 on there spirited drive ;) will be checking mine in few more hundred miles see what it reads!

I think it depends on the type of driving.
Around town where your constantly up and down the gears etc it will use more than just cruising on the motorway.
I did ask the question at the service desk as to whether it could get worse and was told "possibly"