looking good today

tony mc

Reaction score
Now then people, been and picked the car up from the painters today and thought i'd share a pic, I'll get some more/better ones when the weathers better to really show it off.

its mint having a ten year old car with no stone chips or little stone dents (see how long that lasts) looks fab like
20171024 174233

Reactions: THQuattro, UisT4, Alex Ward and 3 others
Looking mint pal.....at least it’s got some decent paint on it now. Maybe I should come up to yours next time there’s some fallout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking nice Tony

Looking mint pal.....at least it’s got some decent paint on it now. Maybe I should come up to yours next time there’s some fallout

why not mate free resprays with every acid bath

Tash hows that s4 on fuel ? daft or just plain ridiculous ha ha, been looking at s3's and to be honest the b8 s4 seem about on par fuel use wise and i would be better suited with the s4 avant

Reactions: V6_Man and carlcall
A lot better after the remap Tony. Local mileage has gone up a tad bit from 180-190 to between 220-ish Motorway was around 300 max and gone up to 350 as well. S3 is a lovely car but wasn’t a feasible option for me due to family size. I’d say you should go for it. With Xenonz front bumper and grill change Avant looks really mean.

Reactions: tony mc
The first month of ownership was a shock. Filled up 3-5 tanks and got similar mileage that my old B7 diesel would give me with tank-and-a-half

Last edited:
its mainly the price of the cars that's pulling back to the 4's, more car for the money in my eye's. i've got till march to make my mind up so.....

just dont know if i should keep the b7 or not, its mint all round, as many mods as you can shake a stick at, almost none left to do to it lol, i know you can only use one at a time, but do i keep it to commute ? do i want to get a nice new to me motor and get acid all over it like i just have ???

Depends on the mileage you do or would do post March Tony. Whilst I understand cars are to clock up mileage like you said S4 is my to-me only motor. I clock up mileage on my wife’s B7 and use S4 on ‘special occasions’. Also, depends if you are looking at keeping the S4 for a longer period - I know I am.

If I was you, I would keep B7 if she ain’t giving you any problems. Clock up mileage on it and use S4 as a ‘let’s have some today car’

I had a collection of three car's and a motorbike at one point but couldn't justify the extra tax, insurance, MOT's, servicing and maintenance. Technically still have 2 car's and a bike but the other car is scrap now and bike will be up for grabs soon. Money and situation permitted I'd definitely have more car's but for now I'm in the one car fits all boat too.

Reactions: V6_Man
yeh, that's the thing no probs with it, people still asking if i'm selling it and comments from strangers almost every week on how nice it is, its does make me want to keep it, i was thinking of just getting rid and going for an s, but i've also been thinking keep it and buy another type r to chuck about for fun, i just can't make my mind up, there's far to many fun cheap petrol motors out there to choose from. was always the same problem when it was time for a new motor bike, i want them all lol.

Boys and their toys - never enough and we want them all

Reactions: zgss20v, Charlie Farley, tony mc and 1 other person
Looks very nice tony, now a bit of advise for you chap, KEEP IT!
You know I makes sense , deep down in your subconscious tony you have already made the descision to keep it, that's why you spent the money on getting respayed, you may not relise it but that's the reason , if you really wanted to part company with it now , it would have already gone chap.

Its very much like myself, I sometimes think oh what the hell I'll sell the old bus but I cant, It looks good and does what I ask from it and I get so much really good feedback and comments from other people on how good it looks etc, so why part company with it .
I have no issues with new cars except for one, and that is that they all look the same, whereas the B7 avant's stand out from the crowd for me, they just have something that says class and style even from an old car, and that's why I chose to buy another B7 avant to keep the old bus company.
Anyway , maybe its an old guy thing again but good luck with whatever you route you take chap.

That I agree @Just Rob. I want to sell my wife’s B7 but can’t. I know she is getting old (off course it’s the car and not my wife ) and needs maintenance (again, I am talking about car here) but I love my B7. It really does stand out and difficult to part company with (again, car it is and not wife ). And it is definitely not an age thing but taste

Reactions: martin1984 and Charlie Farley
fashions change , cars change and not allways for the better but some cars even when they are said to be old , over the hill and outdated still look better full stop and that's my opinion of the B7 a4 .
Yes , newer audi and most other new cars are packed to gunnels with technology but not all of it is really that much use and a lot of the time the cars go wrong and spend days in the garage being fixed .
there is a Volvo dealer very close to me and on a daily basis you would not believe the amount of Volvo's that are dropped off by recovery wagon's and not accident damage either , just mechanical issues, it make's older audi's look super reliable .....

thing is Rob the respray was for free though damaged caused by work so i didn't shell out for it, but i know what your saying mate.

so a win , win situation then tony....most certainly a keeper now then.

Reactions: tony mc and V6_Man
now then people, took a bit longer getting some more pics up than i thought lol, wanted to leave it as long as i could before detailing and waxing it, to let the paint go off a bit more, but here it is in better light and some close up's, fully winter protected now so it can though what ever weather it likes at it and i don't need to worry any more, its been a nightmare leaving it alone for such a long time i hated having a dirty car for a month.

and yes i have dressed the tyre's now, took the pics after i finished the body, windows, and wheels.

20171119 132514

20171119 132532

20171119 132433

20171119 132442

Reactions: Jimbo d, martin1984 and V6_Man
looks excellent tony , and I see you have a sunroof aswell......jammy git...

yep, but i'm a baldy so if i have it open all the way i get a burnt head in the summer so it only ever go's on tilt lol