logging query, am I already mapped?

Veef13

pootling around
Reaction score
Hi all,

Picked up my new car yesterday, a 2006 A3 2.0T FSI DSG S Line and its a lovely car, such a nice cabin for the age.

Anyway, plugged in the OBD wifi and fired up Dash Command to check codes, all clear which is cool. Setup some logging on my way home as car feels pretty strong for 200bhp (bearing in mind I'm coming from a 350z and prior to that a 650i).

Reading various threads psi should be at 11psi or so and spike to 16psi, 200bhp and a little more torque at 207 lb-ft or similar.

Logs are showing spikes up to 22psi generally 16psi, and the calculated power at max 235hp and 250lb-ft.

Question is how accurate is this, and would these figures suggest car is stage 1?

Cheers

Last edited:
Congratulations, great cars and I have the same, not sure about if your stage 1 though.

Reactions: Veef13
Congratulations, great cars and I have the same, not sure about if your stage 1 though.

Thanks! Its really nice, the quality reminds me of the 2006 650i, just so well made.

I think the power figures can be taken with a pinch of salt as estimated, but the boost spike seems high. Not complaining tho if it is as saves me a map! Just want to make sure that would be no insurance issues etc as I always declare every mod. Car was bought advertised as stock

Last edited:
Have you tried logging the airflow?
You can get fairly good idea by taking the g/s and dividing by 0.8

hi, I have SAE.MAF g/s which peak at 158?

I assume thats not right

good point, i may have accidentally multiplied it by 0.8 :hopelessness:

so power could be right, boost seems a bit high for stock?

maybe I'll do some more logging tomorrow in 3rd and 4th

do love this car already!

If you have a stock intake then we can assume the maf scaling is right, so the car is making standard power. If the power is correct then the app is wrong about the boost, about 16psi would be 260 ish torque and 240 ish horsepower. Unless the app is right and the car is running mega lean.

If you have a stock intake then we can assume the maf scaling is right, so the car is making standard power. If the power is correct then the app is wrong about the boost, about 16psi would be 260 ish torque and 240 ish horsepower. Unless the app is right and the car is running mega lean.

Hi, thanks for the info.
Currently have stock intake, with a ramair (non-oversize) on the way so the scaling should be correct.
Will do some more logging and see what I get. Car feels strong, so signs of pinking/knock etc, so I suspect its the app throwing a figure out somewhere.
Will report back
Thanks for everyones input

Could be the filter throwing up high ratings, I remember when I put in my pipercross filter it made a difference in mpg and throttle response.

its stock at the moment, the ramair is in the post
Cool, you may want to invest in the GFB DV+ and be ready for you stage 1 remap, the 2.0tfsi is a great engine and quick stock, pulls like a train, stage 1 tune will give a massive amount of mid range punch that just brings that grin to your face. I,m on the bluefin by superchips which gave me an extra 40 BHP which I,m happy with as a daily driver and enough for a fwd drive to handle. Enjoy.

Cool, you may want to invest in the GFB DV+ and be ready for you stage 1 remap, the 2.0tfsi is a great engine and quick stock, pulls like a train, stage 1 tune will give a massive amount of mid range punch that just brings that grin to your face. I,m on the bluefin by superchips which gave me an extra 40 BHP which I,m happy with as a daily driver and enough for a fwd drive to handle. Enjoy.

will look into that, thanks!

done some more logging today:

g/s of 155 = near as dammit 200bhp which is fine
boost spike to 19 psi and held for a second or two and returning to 11-12 psi
reading of 240bhp and 280 lb ft

bit confused at the boost reading

Something definitely wrong with the boost and power readings but there is a way to find out. If the app supports it then do a quarter mile acceleration test (on your private runway of course) the terminal speed will give you a good estimate of power provided you know the weight of the car. If it's 200hp then you will get a trap speed in the low 90's, at 240hp you will be 99-100mph.

Something definitely wrong with the boost and power readings but there is a way to find out. If the app supports it then do a quarter mile acceleration test (on your private runway of course) the terminal speed will give you a good estimate of power provided you know the weight of the car. If it's 200hp then you will get a trap speed in the low 90's, at 240hp you will be 99-100mph.
hi,
will see if can do a run!
20psi on a 2.0 with decent turbo should feel mental, but it comes down to turbo spec i guess, but i really do feel the psi read in app is over reading, it can't be that high...
my old 200sx on a t28 (plus full in and out bolt on's and a h-dev map) at 1.2 bar = 17psi made over 300bhp and was at full boost by 3k rpm.
this car is well below that, but still making itself known

I have the same car in FWD, 20psi is going to be around 280 lb-ft and 250 hp ish. With my wastegate shut on a cold day i maxed out at 26psi 320lb-ft and 265hp.

so if the boost reading is right, then the calculated hp and torque are not far off. But that would mean the g/s is off. Tad confused to say the least.

any other way to know if its been mapped?

as before. not complaining, car feels good, just curious and want to get facts straight so can update insurance if needed

Well, as you have a stock intake and MAF I'm definitely putting more stock in that reading correctly and the app being wrong. It could be some setting within the app itself, I use torque pro and it has always served me well. I think you have a stock 2.0T at 200 hp and really boosting 10-12 psi.

Also, for a 100% proof, ring one of the mobile remappers and have a word. They can pull off the map and tell you if it has been mapped.

Pretty sure its stock too.

Done some more logging and the g/s is pretty consistent and equating to 200bhp or thereabouts.

Had a play with the Ramair intake and logged that too, same end result as expected as need to map to gain power. Intake will be up for sale as I seem to prefer the quiet life, must be getting old!

Great idea on getting a mapper to pull the map. DMS are on the same estate as my work so got them to pull the map off and due a report back in a few days or so.

True, trying to avoid that cost at the moment. Most dynos near me charge £60 for 3 power runs etc. Might bite the bullet tho