Limp mode

DJDaz

Reaction score
Hi
My Audi A4 2007!convertible B6 has started to be a pain when starting, you can turn the key and it’s perfect, then you can turn the key and it takes a few more seconds to fire and the engine light comes on as well as EPC light I think it is and I have no power, if I turn it off again and restart it seems fine, I have plenty of power when it’s running right any help appreciated

When you say EPC, do you mean a little coil light? If so you have a diesel, if you do short journeys all the time and not many long journeys the DPF will get clogged up. This causes the car to go in limp mode. Give it a good long drive down the motorway every week or so and it should be okay.

When you say EPC, do you mean a little coil light? If so you have a diesel, if you do short journeys all the time and not many long journeys the DPF will get clogged up. This causes the car to go in limp mode. Give it a good long drive down the motorway every week or so and it should be okay.
Thanks for the comment, I defiantly 100% drive a petrol and the light on the dash says EPC, I took out the plugs gave everything a good clean including the individual coil packs and it seemed to has solved the issue, fingers crossed lol

Thanks for the comment, I defiantly 100% drive a petrol and the light on the dash says EPC, I took out the plugs gave everything a good clean including the individual coil packs and it seemed to has solved the issue, fingers crossed lol

What engine do you have?