Let's talk steering wheels

did you fit the wheel or was it already fitted?
Already fitted as with the complete leather interior out of a later car. Everything has 07 year labels lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just double checked across the b7 variants and the parts numbers are the same for the newest revisions parts, maybe a good plan would be to remove the cowls and see what parts numbers you have fitted to the car and then work from there.
just a suggestion to clarify what parts are currently fitted to your car and if they are compatible .

Sadly it didn't work :(
5132333e8e48f85b8821f3c82cb84fd5.jpg

run vcds again and make a note of the 8e0 953 549 number that is on the screen behind the j527 window, you can see the end of a word then 0601, it will be in that box at the start of the line, it will end in a letter , well it should do as the modules are identified by the last letter.

Now just hold up for a minute chap, I take it you rescanned the car after saving the new code so to ensure the hardware has all been accepted and functioning without any errors.
If you had no errors for the steering wheel or cc etc then the new coding may not be at fault and the steering wheel has been coded in, the problems with comms to the head unit maybe something else .

Just to clarify things .
So the car was retro fitted with a mfsw but not coded in for it , only as a basic steering wheel.
It was however coded for computer & cruise control, this would discount 2 steering wheel modules as they don't support CC and computer mode.
It is very probable then that your module does support mfsw , and the slip ring will be correct aswell.
Which narrows down the issues to either a communication problem between wheel control/controller and head unit or compatabilty issue , if your scan shows everything to have been accepted and no errors within that steering wheel module then the possible cause is getting smaller by the minute.

My car came from factory with CC but not a mfsw.

At some point, somebody changed the basic cloth interior with leather and also changed the steering wheel.

So that code is yours? What was the original?

What's a full scan saying for that module now?

Looks a lot like some talky-talky missing, as Rob points out.

Original code was 00042

If it were me I would .
1) rescan the car to see what errors if any are logged , if there are ,what.
2) make a note of the steering wheel controller part number from vcds .
If all is good and part number confirm they are mfsw compatible.
3) remove the airbag and check the steering wheel mf cable is connected the slip ring.

Having done these steps if there is still no communication between mfsw and head unit , more fault finding will be required between the two items.
possibly a fault or connection problem at the head unit or cable issue .

you need to illiminate the obvious parts first.

Reactions: Sidrick